Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Tapestry v 2 Simple

Not tried 2 simple but tapestry is amazing. Everyone loves using it. Even the children love looking at the short videos of themselves and photos. It does everything you need it to do and more.

As a manager I find it so easy to overview the journals which I could never really do with 60 paper versions. It was also great to show the area Senco yesterday when she came in to observe a child.

• Like 2

I've used both, I used 2simple first then tried Tapestry. I've stayed with Tapestry, we use it in a school with two classes and we both like it. It was much cheaper than 2Simple, I'm not sure of current prices, it is easy to manage and the assessments etc. are great if you want to use them, the support team are fantastic and have helped us out several times very promptly. Our parents love it and find it easy to use and the children enjoy looking at it with us. I could go on, I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed with Tapestry!

• Like 3

We did a trial with both and Orbit too and went for Tapestry. It was hands down the best value for money, we found it the most user friendly and most importantly for me the support is outstanding with Tapestry. Tapestry is always updating and changing things in response to its users needs. We love it!

• Like 2

Ditto to all the above re Tapestry

As I recall 2Simple parents cannot yet upload their own photos and video so Tapestry is BY FAR the best. You can tailor make to meet you and your staffs needs. We don't used the analysis side but everything else if fantastic and it keeps getting better.

You won't regret it, go on, you know you want to!

• Like 2

I have tried lots and tapestry is a clear winner for me. 2 simple was ok I used it for nearly a year when I moved on to toucan learn but linking to eyfs was a little tedious and time consuming. Then we moved to tapestry which I think is fab I just wish the parents had an option to link to eyfs as I think it would improve the parents knowledge of the eyfs and they could understand next steps etc

• Like 2

Tapestry all the way, cost (although last in the list in of consideration), support and the way it is constantly evolving and changing in response to it's users. I love Tapestry.

• 2 weeks later...

Thankyou Sue,

I am trialling it now and so far I am impressed at what it can do, only thing I have not liked so far is that I can't use 2 bands for 1 observation. I know it's not meant to be a ticklist but I was just inputting where the child is at now just to see how it all works and to get an idea of areas that I have missed so that I can think about my planning to cover anything missing next year.

Also, what do these mean under settings? age bands, refinements or statements./ Base P Scale summative assessments

Carol

Hello Carol,

You're right in saying that the statements should not be used as a ticklist, where children are expected to 'achieve' each one. It is for this reason that you cannot select two age-bands simultaneously- we advise that you select the best-fit for that observation. You can of course see which statements you have selected, by going to analysis- and selecting the EYFS statement screen. The next steps feature uses your assessments and suggests next steps, based on your age-band assessments, thus ensuring you don't miss any areas of learning, or aspects within those areas.

Age- bands can be refined- eg emerging , developing or secure.

P scales are for use with KS1 children identified as having SEN.

And I think you mean 'baseline' not 'base'? This is the first assessment you might choose to do when the child first starts at your setting, against which future assessments can be compared.

• Like 1

Does anyone have a link where you can request a free trial of Tapestry? ive used 2simple for about 2 years so id love to see what the difference is?

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We are just about to buy Tapestry but looking at the hardware options we would love to hear people's opinions.

We are wondering whether iPods make using Tapestry fiddly but how do you carry an iPad / iPad mini with you around everywhere?

Thank you.

Susan

Hi

I am going to purchase Tapestry for the Autumn term

Please can you point me in the direction of the free trial, and also information for parents, as I have an open morning this week and want to give out as much information as I can

Thanks

SusanK - you can use the most recent generation iPods but for me (and possibly some of your staff) I think I would find the screen too small ..... glasses on and off all day!!!

iPad minis are very popular with users and I know fit in a tabard pocket nicely. One setting even got /made little handbag type holder that staff could use to carry them around :D

You can use Android devices too so worth looking around at deals.

Glen - you want a trial then click here and fill in the request

As for resources, go to the library here (members only content) and download anything you might find useful :D

• Like 1

We are just about to buy Tapestry but looking at the hardware options we would love to hear people's opinions.

We are wondering whether iPods make using Tapestry fiddly but how do you carry an iPad / iPad mini with you around everywhere?

Thank you.

Susan

We have an ipad and 2 Tesco hudls. between 5 of us. We dont carry them around, they are on the side so - see a moment, snap the photo, then add obs at end of session and save to LJ. Simples!

• Like 1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)