Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Merging the ratio

Hi,

I have never merged the ratio is all the years of working in early years.

I follow 1:3 1:4 1:8

I my new job we had been told to merge the ratio, but only older to younger, this is very confusing as they stated you can have two babies and still a two year or three year old. They state it is dependent on how many children you currently have depending if you can have a whole person/third of a person.

I do not understand this, I have been following the statutory guidance form the eyfs.

We merge our two and three year old ratios. As long as the youngest children are within there ratios it's fine - so we sometimes have three two year olds and one three year old - meaning that the two year olds are still on a 1:4 ratio.

• Like 1

that is fine...

you can add a child 'down' a ratio , so if someone has 2 @ 2yrs you can have 2 @ 3 yrs allocated to that person,

but not 'up' so a 2yr old cannot be allocated to someone with more than 4 children,

giving staff and children points is one that does not work as you will end up out of ratio very easily.. so long as they don't do that it will be fine..

Hi,

I have never merged the ratio is all the years of working in early years.

I follow 1:3 1:4 1:8

I my new job we had been told to merge the ratio, but only older to younger, this is very confusing as they stated you can have two babies and still a two year or three year old. They state it is dependent on how many children you currently have depending if you can have a whole person/third of a person.

I do not understand this, I have been following the statutory guidance form the eyfs.

We merge all the time we have 18Month old Babies with children up to the age of three in one room and in our pre-school room if we feel under 3's are ready we will move them up before they turn 3 carefully following the ratio requirements from Ofsted, this ensures no children are held back :)

Edited by susiehill

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)