Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Our own 'makes'

Cait

• 1 month later...

:lol: glad you like them...really easy ! wooden spoon bit of acrylic and a sharpie!! ;)

They are lovely. :1b

You do realise that you may have started panic buying of wooden spoons and utensils, and I'm not sure that we will be able to blame it on Brexit or Trump!!! Oh allright, we can !! ;) :lol:

• Like 2

They are lovely. :1b

You do realise that you may have started panic buying of wooden spoons and utensils, and I'm not sure that we will be able to blame it on Brexit or Trump!!! Oh allright, we can !! ;) :lol:

well just remember if you are signed up for Sainsbury's active kids you can get wooden spoons from your vouchers (oh and boxes of ping pong balls which are useful too!) ;) :lol:

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Cait, that's lovely. So nice to have something to remember events. My current school bag is made out of an old pair of jeans, 2 summer dresses I made for myself when I was 16 and some leftover fabric from a new baby quilt I made. It is practically disintegrating now and I will be sad to see it go!

Cait, that's lovely. So nice to have something to remember events. My current school bag is made out of an old pair of jeans, 2 summer dresses I made for myself when I was 16 and some leftover fabric from a new baby quilt I made. It is practically disintegrating now and I will be sad to see it go!

It was an absolute swine! When she asked and I agreed, the talk was of baby dresses, however, as you can possibly make out, all of this side was babygro, with the exception of two squares of denim! There were a couple of dresses, so I had to make individual squares, backed with the cotton dress fabric, turn them the right way out and then sew them together, just to keep it rigid! With hindsight, I perhaps could have used vilene and ironed them into rigid squares on the cotton backing. That's why I had to use the lace between the squares as the sides weren't perfectly true. I have NO idea how much to charge her!

• Like 1

It was an absolute swine! When she asked and I agreed, the talk was of baby dresses, however, as you can possibly make out, all of this side was babygro, with the exception of two squares of denim! There were a couple of dresses, so I had to make individual squares, backed with the cotton dress fabric, turn them the right way out and then sew them together, just to keep it rigid! With hindsight, I perhaps could have used vilene and ironed them into rigid squares on the cotton backing. That's why I had to use the lace between the squares as the sides weren't perfectly true. I have NO idea how much to charge her!

::1a ............. I have a bag rammed full of t-shirts waiting to be turned into a quilt, I just keep looking and then ignoring- I'm hoping it will just disappear one day!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

::1a ............. I have a bag rammed full of t-shirts waiting to be turned into a quilt, I just keep looking and then ignoring- I'm hoping it will just disappear one day!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are a few I've seen on Pinterest since completing this one

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Well, I did the actual rainbow cake and used smarties to make a rainbow border round the top and bottom and then flowers around the sides. The little girl loved it and was thrilled to see the rainbow inside when she cut into it. Apparently I now have birthday cake orders for the next 15 years.

Last week I had my little people staying and one of them has a giraffe for her special cuddly so we had a go at doing this! Actually really easy and I'm now tempted to try out other animal print cakes.

post-26037-0-61584900-1502698755_thumb.jpg

PS Apologies in advance if it's sideways or upside down - I've given up trying to work out how to get photos the right way up!

• Like 8

Oh that is cool young froglet :1b

Do you know why giraffes have long necks?

Answer - to join their heads to their bodies ::1a

Right - yes I know - I will get my coat (and balaclava) :ph34r: :lol: :lol: :lol:

My kind of joke - I understand it!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Latest make for us..

a raised veg trug..

Hubby decided that he needed to save his back as I had him do all the digging / weeding this year.. usually I do it but circumstances meant I could not do much.. Have wanted raised beds for years.. wondered why I hadn't thought getting him to do more before.. It cost us £40 in total - wood is from a local wood recycling place.. Bed number 2 is getting the same treatment..

post-3735-0-09746200-1507566943_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...