Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Final NQT observation

I have just found out I will have my final nqt observation on Wednesday we are in the middle of a pirates topic but it is healthy living week. I am thinking of the pirates leaving us a teasure map for us to follow to find a basket of exotic fruit and a letter explaining that they cannot decide which fruit is the best can the children help them? Class to explore and taste fruit. HA independently write letter back to pirates saying which they liked best using addjectives to describe fruit. MA to wtite about taste and texture supported by me. LA to work with TA verbally describing fruit. Other chn to assess continuous provision supported by LSA. What do you think? Really want my last observation to go well. Hoping you wonderful people could share your expertise! X

Think about your objectives. You've thought about your activities here, which sound lovely!

However, be careful which fruit is best when you are thinking about taste/ texture and healthy eating are not quite the same.

Good luck.

It sounds great- if you have to make a link in the lesson to being healthy why not make the note from the Pirates say that they have heard about how great your class are at eating fruit and they have been told that they have to be healthier pirates or... they wont be strong enough to fight sea monsters or carry away treasure. So they need to choose some fruit to take on a voyage... which ones do the children think would taste the best to pirates who are not very keen on fruit?

You've obviously thought a lot about your lesson, good luck!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)