Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Seating

I am rearranging my teaching for my year 1/2 class in September. I have a small room and will be having 30 children. To allow for more room for continous provision I am only going to have four group tables, which means I only have chairs for 24.

During learning times this is not a problem as the children will be either working with an adult or doing independent learning so do not all need to be able to sit at a table. However I was wondering on what people do when children first come into school in the morning and sending them home. These are the times where I tend to have everyone sat at a table, it helps to manage behaviour as well. Obviously I can't now do this, so am looking for any suggestions that work for the others.

Thanks

I think I have a big enough carpet area though will find out on Wednesday when they shuffle up for part of the morning. I used to do carpet places when I taught reception but found it could be chaotic hence the move to base places in year 1/2, but this will be a different class so can give it a go, thanks.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)