Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

village hall problems

I have been operating from a village hall for many years and had use of the car park as our valuable outdoor learning environment solely. We have put money into it and nurtured it along the way. Due to restrictions in parking at the front of the hall, the management committee now want to restrict the use of our outdoor space to use it to park cars when other users are using the rear room when we are present for some of the week. Am I being unreasonable to object!! There is always something and it always seems to be the pre-school that has to accommodate the changes.

Do other settings operating from similar venues have these problems?

I can so relate to you, We have run from a village hall for the last 40 years and every year it gets more difficult. We don't suffer from the same issue as you as luckily we have a large fenced off grassed area out the back BUT we get the blame for EVERYTHING from using too much toilet roll to scratching the floor to leaving heating on etc etc. So wish we could move elsewhere but there just isn't anywhere :(

I would say that unfortunately if there other other users at the same time as you they need to be able to park but could you maybe fence off an area for sole use? or is there anywhere else nearby that could be used for parking?

Oh dear, can I ask firstly why there are now restrictions to the front of the parking which now is impacting on your area, as it seems that is the real issue.

We are fortunate in that we only share part of the building on one session out of six.

This did cause some teething problems to start with but with a little bit of give and take we are now fine.

I would hope you could negotiate so all parties are happy with the decisions made.

Good luck and let us know how you get on with this.

Oh dear, can I ask firstly why there are now restrictions to the front of the parking which now is impacting on your area, as it seems that is the real issue.

We are fortunate in that we only share part of the building on one session out of six.

This did cause some teething problems to start with but with a little bit of give and take we are now fine.

I would hope you could negotiate so all parties are happy with the decisions made.

Thank you for your response. We are next to the local primary school whose parents consistantly park at the front of the village hall. This has caused some safety concerns with many parents who walk to school, as the drivers are not careful when parking or departing with their vehicles. The village hall has received letters from the school asking the hall to try and solve this problem. Their solution is to stop all parking at the front and users must use the rear, where we have our outside space.

I am so tired of trying to run my business and provide a fantastic setting for the children. I need to win the lottery!!

Yes a lottery win would be fab for lots of us wouldn't it.

But surely this is the schools problem not yours. Sorry but am I missing something.

Just a crazy thought and being pedantic, lets ban all vehicles and make everyone walk to and from school.:)

Yes I think it is also. I am trying to arrange a meeting with the head for next week to raise this with her as I don't think she is aware of the impact that this is going to have on us. We are in a small village with three community amenities very close to each other so it is bound to cause problems, but why should my children not have access to the outside area just so people can park their cars!!

You have my sympathy and no your not being unreasonably, get kids and parents on board and any advisors too.

We are having a horrendous time with our church halls so much so they have broke down relationships so much so that myself nor my other director want to stay there.

We have found new premises and are relocating ASAP x