Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Magic wand and pointer uses in Reception

Guest Clarec88

Guest Clarec88

Hi all,

First post on this forum which was recommended to me by my university tutor.

I'm currently on my last placement in my PGCE in a Reception class. I have a lovely sparkly wand and a hand pointer but am stuck with ideas how to best use them!

In my first placement in Year 2, I used the hand pointer for the children to manage their own transitions (pointing to friends sitting well), however I fear this may be a bit harder for Reception children?

I would like to introduce both these resources to my class to make a lasting on going impact. Any ideas are welcome!

Clare

Firstly, welcome to the forum, I hope you will continue to come on here and find it as much help as possible.

We used an ordinary wand last week with our pre-school children - adult said things like, magic wand, magic wand, make all the children shut their eyes, touch their nose, etc. so it was used a little like Simon Says, the children loved it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)