Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Foundation Degree TMA help!

Hi,

I am doing my Foundation degree with the OU, for TMA4 I have to compare and contrast children's learning experiences within Communication and Language.

I also need to include some theorists.

Is anyone able to point me in the right direction??

Thanks

:unsure:

Noam Chomsky springs to mind as one of the most obvious theorists.

Not sure what OU mean by compare and contrast children's learning experiences within C&L - maybe a compare and contrast could be a bi-lingual or eal child's experiences compared against a native english speaker or a child with a speech and language delay using perhaps non-verbal communication against a fluent talker?

Having completed my foundation degree and BA, these 'compare and contrast' words crop up a lot. You need argue one theorist against the other, linking it to early years/your setting if possible... and use critical analysis throughout. Do this and you will sail through. Hard at the beginning, I know, but as you progress, it will be come a lot easier. Good Luck !!

Thank you both for your help, I will have a go and see how I get on.

I struggle with the academic writing and referencing and not having a very helpful tutor doesn't help, also I am currently living aboard so not able to make the tutorials which doesn't help! I use the forum and resource section when I need inspiration or help it's very helpful.

Thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)