Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

outdoor clothing?

narnia

We bought some jackets and trouser sets from TTS a couple of years ago..............and they are waterproof, but of quite low quality it turns out. So, we'd like to invest in some decent kit, BUT when i looked at Muddy puddles, the all in ones, which look perfect, are almost £50 each. I do believe that you get what you pay for, but I can't afford 20 sets of these, so any other suppliers you have found to be good.....................but cheaper??

we use Muddy Puddles. Contacted them about discount and they do offer one for bulk buys but also signposted us to their Amazon shop so we got them much much cheaper :-)

Don't buy the Puddle pac ones as they are the thin ones! we still have soggy children issues but our children tend to linger in the puddles for a loooong time <sitting>!

Spotty otter are good too but ££££'s and even on eBay they go for £££'s

Guest youngrisers

Aldi and lidl do fabulous ones for adult too have looked at muddy puddles but surfed the net and found all sorts of prices amazon had loads of suppliers

• 2 weeks later...

We bought some trousers from Charlie's for £3.99 each and never had a problem, they do split down the seams after couple of years ( we have had some pairs 7 years fine but the odd 1 or 2 wats seen to go!) but at that price can easily replace! We went away from all in ones because of toileting being a nightmare!!! We ask children to wear coats they don't mind getting dirty and tuck these into trousers so when they sit down don't get muddy coat bottoms!! We then have a selection of coats/waterproof tops people have given and we have picked up from charity shops for those who don't have suitable clothing or whose parents don't want them to get muddy!!!

I managed to find some nice muddly puddles and togz on ebay, then went into oswald bailey to have a look and sourced the rest from in there.....they gave me an extra 10% off on top of the Sale price,so pleased with that. will see how they last, but might carry on building up my togz and mp things. Thank you for all the tips and suggestions :)

We bought jackets and trousers from Viking Kids which are £32 for a set. Very good quality - our previous set lasted about 4 years until some started to go at the trouser seams - but they had very hard use from some of our children. They got a bit less waterproof, but I expect the parents washed them.... now we are quite strict and say they are not to be put in the washing machine! We were lucky enough to get a donation from a local landowner and tree enthusiast to cover the cost. :P

Jo

It's very important that the waterproofs are washed correctly or, rather, hardly washed at all. I put ours in a rinse and spin cycle, without detergent. Washing powders and liquid, particularly biological ones, damages the 'waterproofness'.

We use Raindrops' waterproofs (Abeko), which are great unless your children slide down muddy banks and along fallen trees. (Don't know if any brand make rip proof trousers.)

Absolutely not all-in-ones with us as children need to pull down the top half for toileting and need assistance to put it on again.

Trousers are somewhat easier to manage than dungarees, but aren't too tight or loose on the tummy. The straps also encourage cooperation!

Edited by Wildflowers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)