Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dough gym

Can anyone suggest suitable music for use when doing dough gym?

I am not 'into' pop music so haven't got a clue which music would be good, bad or indifferent! Clearly it needs to have a 'beat'.

I found some music that I really like on youtube (link below) and guess that it is called 'Keep on Moving' - but I have no idea who the singer/band is. Please can anyone help to identify this or suggest other music?

Many thanks!

Apologies if I am not allowed to post this link and, if so, I hope that someone will be along soon to remove it!

Edited by Guest

Thanks for that, apple!

I have found out that the music 'Keep on moving' is by Tiny Tweeties and the track can be purchased on Amazon uk - but it is only 1' 17", so a very short track!

We use a CD called Candy Candy, about £8 off Amazon. It has a range of 80s songs that the kids love and we all remember from when we were young! Favourites include I'm so Excited by The Pointer Sisters and Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.

Do other people do their Dough Gym like the film? I always do it at tables so that the children can really use their uppoer body muscles to push down on and squeeze the dough. Also I have pieces of dough the size of their head, so that it really is working their muscles for them to lift it above their head. Never seen it done like the film before.

Do other people do their Dough Gym like the film? I always do it at tables so that the children can really use their uppoer body muscles to push down on and squeeze the dough. Also I have pieces of dough the size of their head, so that it really is working their muscles for them to lift it above their head. Never seen it done like the film before.

Phew! Thought it was just me!!! :1b

Doh ! I mean dough ! :) ok will now set our usual dough making and playing to music we usually sing rolling rolling keep those wagons rolling raw hide ! And my fav ooey gooey rhyme , now thinking along the lines of ' dough I stay or dough I go ' , you dough run run , you dough run run , sorry ! :)

• Like 3

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)