Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sure Start Children’s Centres

Sure Start Children’s Centres

The House of Commons Education Select Committee has published the fifth report of Session 2013-14 on Sure Start Children’s Centres. It shows that Sure Start children’s centres are essential for families and must be seen as a priority and adds credible weight to the case for Children’s Centres becoming a one stop shop and community cornerstone where all families can find the help they need to flourish.

The report sets out ways to refine expectations around the role, performance, outcomes and accountability of Children’s Centres and Local Authorities. To move forward, everyone should have a clear expectation of the integral role that Children’s Centres play in getting the very best for children and families in their communities and work together to make sure it happens. It recommends that, as part of a firmer commitment to recognize the impact of role children’s centres a national outcomes framework be developed to ensure that the right areas are being measured and that the impact of individual centres can be evaluated.

Read the report here

And thank you for making the whole report more accessible to me. I keep seeing these documents but they have too many owrds for me to compute!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)