Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted re-inspecting every setting?

ShaunH

Hi, My wife and I run a preschool in Hertfordshire. We had an Ofsted inspection in February 2012 and we were awarded a good report which we were pretty pleased about as we had only been going for 7 months. However last week Ofsted turned up at our setting 18 months later. We asked why she was inspecting again as we were taken totally by surprise and asked her if we had a complaint against us and she said 'No, every setting is being revisited and re-inspected because of the revised EYFS' and it's pot luck.

It went well although it was stressful however, My question is 'has anybody else heard that Ofsted are revisiting everybody?'

My wife went to her SEN tonight and the IDO insisted that we must have had a complaint against us, however, the Ofsted inspector was adamant with both us and the parents that it was just pot luck and that Ofsted are in the process of visiting every setting who were inspected prior to the revised EYFS.

As far as I am aware all settings 'went back into the pot' after the introduction of the new EYFS and this round of inpsections is due to end in 2016. It sounds like you were unfortunate in coming up on the list early but I guess that will be it until the new round starts in 2016 (as long as you don't get any complaints in the meanwhile)

Yes everyone went back into the pot and it is my understanding that it really is pot luck about who they inspect. Lucky you to have had it done, we are four and a half years now and still waiting. If it had been because of a complaint the inspector would have discussed this with you I think. Well done on your inspection and stop worrying!! :1b

• Like 1

Yes, that's right. The new inspection cycle started in 2012 (August, I think) and everyone will be inspected in this round, which ends in July 2016. So, in theory, you could be the last in the previous cycle and first in the new cycle. :1b

• Like 1

Yes everyone went back into the pot and it is my understanding that it really is pot luck about who they inspect. Lucky you to have had it done, we are four and a half years now and still waiting. If it had been because of a complaint the inspector would have discussed this with you I think. Well done on your inspection and stop worrying!! :1b

I think I was more cheesed off to hear that the IDO insisted in front of everyone that it was definately because of a complaint even though my wife kept insisting the inspector had said it wasn't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)