Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Development matters examples

alis2son

I am hoping someone could stop me having to do this myself by pointing me in the right direction to someone who had the same idea before me! ....as I really don't have the hours in the day to do this but I think It will be a huge help to my practitioners struggling with some of the DM Statements.

What I'm looking for is the development matters statements with some examples how they might be covered; what they look like in practice.

Is there anything like that already discussed on here or has anyone seen one? I have had this in mind for some time but my LA advisor mentioned that she had seen one a couple of weeks ago, but can't remember who showed her or where it was from etc. x

But isn't that the positive relationships and enabling environments sections of the Development Matters doc?

Cx

No, that's the adults input, I mean something that the child may have done as an example to the statement so we can moderate our evicence. E.g. * Can hop on one foot: would this be once or a few times? So it might say "Hops several times on one foot before placing the other foot down.

That kind of thing x

Could you flip it round and having identified the statements get your team to focus on collecting observations that you can then moderate and create your own portfolio - might take a bit longer but is possibly better active learning for staff.

One note of caution - I wouldn't be quantifying how many times a child does anything to suggest it's an embedded skill. What matters is application in different contexts, so even if you hop one or fifty times you can still hop!! It's knowing the skills required to hop (balance, uprightness, holding other leg clearly off the ground, on the spot or across a space depending on need...) that matter.

Cx

• Like 2

We've analysed every statement many times for years, to clarify and define. We have created our own document, which we're continuously improving, as a team. I've had to study several areas in some depth - and learnt a huge amount! Without having done this we wouldn't be able to be so specific about progress, or to provide for it.

Edited by Wildflowers
  • Like 1

I am hoping someone could stop me having to do this myself by pointing me in the right direction to someone who had the same idea before me! ....as I really don't have the hours in the day to do this but I think It will be a huge help to my practitioners struggling with some of the DM Statements.

What I'm looking for is the development matters statements with some examples how they might be covered; what they look like in practice.

Is there anything like that already discussed on here or has anyone seen one? I have had this in mind for some time but my LA advisor mentioned that she had seen one a couple of weeks ago, but can't remember who showed her or where it was from etc. x

Hi Just found these in the resource section, maybe what you are looking for :1b

http://eyfs.info/forums/files/file/608-early-support-links-to-development-matters/

Edited by Lucy P
  • Like 3

I wish i had the time to get the staff working on this with me, but it's just not possible. We have worked on the continuous provision with the Development matters statements in their age groups, and this has highlighted that they are struggling with the statements and breaking them down into what they look like in the children's play.

As for quantifying... I just mean that standing on one leg and hopping are 2 different steps and I would like some moderation of what different staff would judge as achieving the statements, so their is continuity across the board.

I am working with an inexperienced team compared to the knowledge that we have, and my time is very limited at the moment. I think that link Lucy has given me is close enough to help the staff until we can do it together.

Thanks guys :1b

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have this is this is any help?

I can't remember where i got it from though ! and it is based on 0-20 months, but may help

This is fantastic, I would love to be able find something like this for the rest of the ages too, any ideas where it may have come from anyone.

This is fantastic, I would love to be able find something like this for the rest of the ages too, any ideas where it may have come from anyone.

It was posted to this forum, you should find it in this thread http://eyfs.info/forums/topic/34466-room-planning-for-under-2s/?do=findComment&comment=345357

Edited by Lucy P
  • Like 2

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

I have this is this is any help?

I can't remember where i got it from though ! and it is based on 0-20 months, but may help

Any chance I could get this info as when I click on it it's gone maybe too old for me get ????

Would be interested in reading this info

Many thanks

• 7 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)