Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Audit tool for Stay & Play groups

I have been asked to provide an audit tool for our Stay and Play groups and am hoping someone can help me. The idea is for someone (possible me!) to observe the way the groups run i.e. the environment, interactions with parents and children etc. I thought I could adapt ECERS but would rather not have to 're-invent the wheel' if something already exists.

Thank you in advance (and in hope)

Gruffalo2

I thought that a version of the ECERS had been developed for groups like this, but I can't think where I've seen it. (It could have been a very vivid dream!)

Sorry I've just realised I'd mixed my thinking up with the scale for childminding settings. However the PLA used to provide information on setting up Stay and Play groups so they might have something you could use.

Edited by Guest

• 2 weeks later...

We are developing an LA approach to observations in CCs - which makes it hard to share as it's the LAs doc not mine but your one covers much of what we have put in to ours too.

This is all related to the new Ofsted inspection framework for CCs I guess; it is causing a lot of consternation as observation hasn't been a strong point for many of our CC leaders!

Cx

We haven't really compared to CC inspection framework - but will do, so thanks for that thought. I have done endless observations of daycare practice but have not done them specifically on Stay & Play / other groups. I would welcome anyone pointing out any gaps! Thanks

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)