Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A voice of reason?

It is a matter of whether he has the power. I'd love to think the Coalition could run aground over this issue, not because I'm particularly for or against any political party or their policies. However, imagine if childcare was seen as such a key issue that it caused a historical breach in the Coalition agreement and then led to the dissolution of Parliament?

Can't see it happening somehow: I can feel the sniff of a u-turn in the air but I'm not at all sure that Ms Truss is for turning. We'll see.

• Like 1

I think what this shows, is the potential power of the sector from its response to the consultation. This keeps the debate as high profile, and quite obviously most people who responded were not happy bunnies with the proposals.

This is exactly why it is so important to make our voices heard.

Lets see if its enough for a U turn, or at least a delay whilst it is debated further.

• Like 1

I assume in the light of the Urgent Question today, June O'Sullivan from the campaign to make June 1st a day of action/protest has been interviewed and will be on Newsnight tonight. [info from LinkdIn group]

Just watched the debate on Newsnight. The Conservatives are apparently frustrated that Clegg agreed with the proposals in principle and with them going forward to consultation. Now they think he shouldn't listen to the results of the consultation because they feel it was a done deal.

I think they are missing the point of a consultation process.

• Like 1

That's the impression I got too - that thy thought he had agreed to the proposal and the consultation was merely paying lip service to the term consultation. I'd like to see Clegg come out and clearly say he agreed to it as a proposal for consultation but in light of the said consultation he is now seeing the other side. Otherwise like you say, the consultation is flawed from the start.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)