Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

reporting to parents

Can anyone help me. We are revising our end of year reports for both Nursery and Reception. We have used target tracker reports for 2 years and wanted to return to something less jargon bound. Does anyone have any sample formats they would be prepared to share with me. I work in an overseas school so we do these things in isolation so would appreciate any advice.

Thanks

Check what you statutorily have to report to parents in the EYFSP handbook/ARA, I think you have to report on their EYFSP outcomes against the ELGs, and if still emerging where they are developmentally, but then again as an overseas school this might not apply to you..

Edited by catma

In nursery we have a termly summary of "where the children are at" ie what age band we feel they are in for each of the areas and the subdivisions ( like in PSE the managing behaviour, confidence etc ) we make a little comment for each area and we also comment on the characteristics of effective learning we have seen.

So at the end of the summer term we would just do the same making a mention of the fact that this will be the information we pass to reception or their next school if they are not staying in our school.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just want to say thank you so very much to Josie Moss for sharing all your hard work. I love the style and it has saved me a lot of typing of ELG. :rolleyes:

Just want to say thank you so very much to Josie Moss for sharing all your hard work. I love the style and it has saved me a lot of typing of ELG. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Thank you very much!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)