Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

fundraising ideas needed

finleysmaid

we always do a sponsored look and find - we have about twelve pictures - one of which is a pound coin - which the children are sponsored to find -they find the items and stick them to the card then collect the sponsor money and bring it all in - the added bonus is that you have already collected a poound before you start with any sponsor money.

the items are easy to find - small stone, twig, button, wool, rice, pound coin, leaf etc.,

hope thats a helpx

• Like 2

Here's the list I'm putting to the committee tomorrow:

Canvas bags we bought last year (http://thecleverbaggers.co.uk/bags/reusable-cotton-shopping-bags/strong-canvas?gclid=CNPX0Z6Su7MCFYXLtAod7ycA3g but very expensive p&p, wont use again for that reason - decorate with fabric pens, sell as christmas presents for £3.50 - £4.00

Small boxes - sponsored 'How many items can you fit in' and 'how many pennies/20ps can you fit in'. http://stores.ebay.co.uk/the-small-boxes

Register with Bags 2 schools and get parents to bring a bag of clothes etc.

Small raffle every week or so.Large raffle at Christmas - donations from local businesses, hopefully.

Thinking of suggesting putting the fee's up too!

• Like 1

One thing they did at my children's school for several years was a sponsored bounce, they hired a bouncy castle for a few hours and each child had to jump for 1 minute and they counted how many bounces. The whole school did it and they made over £500 and the children loved it of course! My school always does the bags to school thing twice a year and makes around £200 each time.

Deb

By far the most easiest, which raises the most money is a sponsored bowling. The children love it. We have borrrowed a mat and mini bowl balls in the past from our local bowling centre, but now have our own mat and a set of plastic mini bowls. It cost nothing to set up and on average raises £1000.00 each year we do it during a pre-school session.

• Like 1

thank you all for your ideas...while trying to find more inspiration i found this...

https://www.charitychallenge.com/pdf/a-z_fundraising_ideas.pdf

thought it might be useful for others.

I also had a thought about a bonkers bingo night....using pictures instead of numbers so that the children could join in easier!!

• Like 1

we recently held a pyschic evening - a highly acclaimed guy ( he charged £400 ) we sold tickets at £10 each , with doors opening earlier for bar - tens licence required £21 , we sold over 100 tickets and also played 'heads and tails game' raised another £100 - profit £650 approx - very easy and could have sold loads more tickets but did not have room!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

having been on possibly every committee in my village and still on 2 and my own for preschool ( that makes 3 ) I used to do a quiz at christmas and Easter , so I compiled a quick one for preschool as a fundraiser - sell quiz sheets at £1 each and prize money of £20 cash - I haev just sold 60 quizzes in one hour at the local school bazaar whilst the others were face painting ( i feel i have better sales skills than creative ones !! ) I have also asked the local shop to sell and ask parents to take 5 home each to sell to family , friends and work colleagues - if you would like a copy I am happy to share - have taken out personal details so edit to fit your setting

christmas quiz copy 2012.docx

Edited by lashes2508
  • Like 2

Thank you for that, I was stumped on the first one, so wouldnt be able to guess! Brilliant, thanks again for all your hard work. Now I need to try to encourage parents to splash the cash :huh:

your welcome ladies and thanks Inge for converting - it really is such a simple fundraiser and who can't spare a pound -my technique is 'have you got a spare pound please' and then say here you go , thanks very much ! :P and if you can get someone to print or copy free of charge even better ! good luck

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)