Join Us
What's New
Articles
Resources
About Us
Tapestry
mattkelly

IO Exception Connection failed, IO Exception

It's now saying additional plug ins needed, then when I click install and log in it says

Database Error - 37

I've definitely entered my log in correctly

Thank you for your help

Edited by Mammaladybird

Oops, didn't test actually trying to download a plugin. Took some fixing but it should work now.

Hello Matt, ive tried everything you have suggested and still no luck at all. I have uninstalled it, and then re installed the latest version, however it's just not connecting at all, with the same message (as posted above) coming up. Please help.

Hi Jane,

Please could you run the PRAMS debugger and send me the output? There should be a shortcut on the Start menu called "Debug PRAMS 2", click this and then click the "Start Debugging" button. PRAMS should start and you should see the connection error, close down PRAMS and you should see a load of text appear in the debugger window. Click "Copy Results to Clipboard" and paste them into a PM to me.

Hi,

I am unable to launch PRAMS and keep getting this error. I am working from home so it is not through a proxy server and I have made an exception on firewall but I am still getting the same error when I try and launch PRAMS any help would be much appreciated.Thank you.

Sorry for the slow reply. Is this problem still happening for you?

Hi,

We have tried to following the advice given for this error but still cannot access PRAMS 

What else can we try please?

Thanks 

Sarah

p.s I have also tried looking for the debugging to do what you suggested above but cant do that either!!!

Edited by tinytowntadley

17 hours ago, tinytowntadley said:

Hi,

We have tried to following the advice given for this error but still cannot access PRAMS 

What else can we try please?

Thanks 

Sarah

p.s I have also tried looking for the debugging to do what you suggested above but cant do that either!!!

Are you trying to access PRAMS for the first time? We have stopped providing updates or support for PRAMS  It is still available to download but is not being updated to reflect framework changes or FSF members' requests. Our online learning journal Tapestry does everything PRAMS did and a whole host of other things! 

Hi,

No we have used prams for many years and are locked out of it. 

We do not want to change to tapestry as we do not wish to use the online system. All we used prams for was to generate the assessment report for individual children and for key person groups. 

We discontinued PRAMS in July 2016 and are no longer providing updates for it or generally supporting it. I think it's likely that the error message you're seeing is caused by PRAMS attempting to check for updates and failing. Given that there will be no more updates, the check for updates is no longer necessary and can be turned off. Please follow these steps to do this:

1. Open PRAMS.
  2. Click "Options".
  3. Untick "Automatically check for updates".
  4. Click "ok".
  5. Close PRAMS and open it again.

I hope this solves the problem for you.