Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

New Early Years SEF available now

Guest lucyevans

We had our last inspection last year. Our SEF had been online for months before that but the inspector clearly had not even looked at it. In fact, she quoted things that were definitely NOT in it so I think she must have seen another setting's.

So, does anyone know if it would be better just to have a printed version? At least I could just hand it over when they arrive. I felt like we had done hours of work for nothing.

SNAP !!!!

Thanks a lot. It looks much more my style. I used to do a formal written SEF years ago, along with continuous action sheets until it got so complicated and just carried on with my continuous improvement action sheets. Luckily our lovely Ofsted inspector liked the way I did things and didn't hold the lack of a formal SEF on the Ofsted website against us.

I managed to get a "GOOD" rating on my last Ofsted without a SEF. I too chose to use action plans etc

I have just taken on the task from someone else of sorting the new SEF format and getting it online. I have registered at the government gateway but it is now asking me for the ofsted security token that was sent to us way back in 2008. I have never heard of this :( Does anyone know how I can get hold of this token?

I've split up the statements of the evaluation schedule (the 'good' judgements)to help with reflecting on practice. They're in the resource library and here:

How well the early years provision meets the needs of the range of children who attend.docx

The contribution to well-being.docx

The effectiveness of leadership.docx

• Like 2

I have just taken on the task from someone else of sorting the new SEF format and getting it online. I have registered at the government gateway but it is now asking me for the ofsted security token that was sent to us way back in 2008. I have never heard of this :( Does anyone know how I can get hold of this token?

Ring Ofsted and they will send it to you by 'snail mail' - hoe that helps :1b

I've split up the statements of the evaluation schedule (the 'good' judgements)to help with reflecting on practice. They're in the resource library and here:

Is anyone clever enough to change tihis to a word doc. I cannot open this one :( and it looks like its just the thing I need :/

Was it Cait who cleverly done this for other ICT dummies, changed docx to doc ? ooo sounds like I know what Im talking about there!

Is anyone clever enough to change tihis to a word doc. I cannot open this one :( and it looks like its just the thing I need :/

Was it Cait who cleverly done this for other ICT dummies, changed docx to doc ? ooo sounds like I know what Im talking about there!

Yes it is Cait - she is a very clever girl - I will give her a poke for you Rafa!!! :D

Hi Helen

Sorry to be a pain where did you download this and does it have one for Outstanding? I looked on ofsted maybe having a senior moment The rain today and children had killed me off :blink:

Sue

My Ofsted Security token number appeared on the letter I got from Ofsted in August about paying the registration fee for the next year. I haven't noticed it before.

Oh did it........I will have to have a look at mine........

Guest lucyevans

Hi Helen

Sorry to be a pain where did you download this and does it have one for Outstanding? I looked on ofsted maybe having a senior moment The rain today and children had killed me off :blink:

Sue

They're on the Evaluation Schedule - download the word version and then cut & paste into a table

http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/evaluation-schedule-for-inspections-of-registered-early-years-provision

Lucy

Hi Helen

Sue

Hi Sue,

I made them up myself. When I get a minute I'll do the outstanding ones and upload them here too :D

• Like 3

Can someone tell me if they,ve put info from all boxes on old sef (a-m) into the new 3boxes or only what was in those 3 boxes originally

Thanks

They have moved all info into the new boxes - does that make sense - hmm so all info is still there.......

They have moved all info into the new boxes - does that make sense - hmm so all info is still there.......

well that's face it Ofsted have to do something for the annual fee don't they...all that cutting and pasting from old SEF to new version keeps them busy :rolleyes:

• Like 4

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)