Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Childminder Deregulation Petition

Hello Everyone

This is REALLY important - can you sign - whether you are a childminder, nanny, childcare worker of any description, a user of childcare....

this petition is try to stop the proposed deregulation of childminders.

We minders have worked too long and too hard to have our professionalism taken away

Our businesses will suffer because clients would no longer be able to claim tax credits or vouchers to pay us

Do you REALLY want to be inspected by some 'network agency' that will impose their own rules and regulations upon us, most likely by people who haven't got the first idea about minders, way more paperwork

Please sign this - please forward to clients, colleagues, plaster over facebook etc

http://www.change.org/petitions/uk-government-reject-proposals-to-deregulate-childminders#share

If you want to find out more go to www.childmindingforum.co.uk

Can you afford NOT to support this?

I have signed the petition but with reservations. If our local Network Coordinators became our agency I wouldn't have any trouble at all respecting their regulation. Maybe there are Local Authorities with less effective Childminding Networks, but ours is strong and supportive and in a great position to regulate and co-ordinate childcare places.

Honey

I have signed the petition but with reservations. If our local Network Coordinators became our agency I wouldn't have any trouble at all respecting their regulation. Maybe there are Local Authorities with less effective Childminding Networks, but ours is strong and supportive and in a great position to regulate and co-ordinate childcare places.

Honey

Honey, our Network is also strong but there are childminders within the area who aren't :( and the grading is given overall to the Network....... I work too hard to lose my 2 Outstandings - I stand or fall by my own practice and the hours of CPD I have chosen to undertake.

Nona

Good point Nona. I really don't know what to think. It all seemed to pop up so suddenly. The first I heard of it was Tuesday night and it took me until Thursday to find and read the report. I want to hear more views - pros and cons. The report seems quite well thought through while the pleas for rejecting it don't seem to be giving much in the way of evidence, so I can't really make a proper judgement. Rebuttals like yours give some information to work on. What else you you know?

Honey

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jane707

A lot of MPs are now getting the message that many thousands childminders do not want to be deregulated and pay money to an agency which will do the jobs we are currently managing by ourselves...

However the subject still needs pushing so please ask any childminders and parents you know to sign the petition Pipsqueak mentions in her post :1b

• 2 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)