Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Role Play

klc106

We would like to set up a train station role play area in order to follow our children's interests. All of our children are 2yrs old.

Does anyone have any wonderful ideas or photographs to help inspire us?

All ideas will be gratefully received :o

• Like 1

Ooooh I did this after the summer hoping some had been on the train for days out!

I googled train ticket and got one come up which I copied and duplicated then printed and laminated so we had loads of tickets for them to use. Also can get timetables online. Sign for ticket office, public toilets :o Lost property box? We also got the children to make a train from cardboard boxes and some signals. I've uploaded the 3 items I have on laptop - a map, the tickets and ticket office sign. Hope they help!

We used our puppet theatre as the kiosk and added phone, keyboard and paper and pens.

The children loved using the maps to plan their route.

LU_map.doc

train_tickets.doc

Ticket_office2.doc

• Like 1

we have a train station at the moment (reception class) we have a platform, waiting room with magazines, ticket office and a cafe. We have dressing up costumes for the railway workers and the people buying tickets and going on a journey. We have put out numbers (stations) around the room and the children have to visit the stations in order (blowing a train whistle as they go) the children have made their own train engines (large boxes) to which we have attached straps so that they can put them on. I started drawing a train track outside with chalks and then asked them to carry it on and we now have a network of tracks!. In the classroom we have stuck masking tape track all around the room (took ages!) an they enjoy chugging along it. Try www.twinkl.co.uk we got some of our resources from there

Have fun! we certainly are!

Deb

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)