Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Minibeast Activities

It never ceases to amaze me how strangers can come together and openly support, share and inspire one another on a website - yet it is something that is completely lacking from the Senior Management of my school.

I don't think you can imagine how much I appreciate this place!!!

Thanks to all,

D xxx

If anyone is interested -

I have a number of early learing centre toy snails and on occasions provide the following activity:

A number of toy snails

Paint (shiny; mixed with a small amount of syrup; metallic, glitter)

Encourage the children to move the snails aorund the paper.

How do they move?

What do they leave?

Movement - jump, sneak, slide, etc!!

I have been known to provide extra glitter and make cling film trails across the wall in order to display the children;s work.

I also do worm painting

I have those big worms again from ELC and tie them to "rods" which the children lower into "paint pools" (pots of paint)

I then encourage the children to try to make marks with the worms on their paper.

I also do a hungry caterpillar snack (one ..., two... etc) adapt it to what you can find cheap locally!!

great ideas- I love the one with plastic snails and glitter glue etc slime trails! :D

The website for the London Butterfly House is quite good for images and if you are near enough is a great place to visit.

www.londonbutterflyhouse.com

Lizz Xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)