Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E-profile Scores Explained To Parents

Guest tinkerbell

Guest tinkerbell

Hi

Can anyone point me in the direction of where I would find the explanation 1-3 below average,4-7 average .....???I have had this typed out before to accompany my reports and cannot find it.

Thanks Tinkerbell

"Outcomes for individual scales

a. The first three points (1-3), are hierarchical and describe the achievement of a child who is still progressing towards the Early Learning Goals. Children should achieve all of these three points before they achieve any of points 4-8. A child who does not achieve Scale Point 1 is likely to have significant developmental delay.

c. The final point (9) in each scale describes a child who has achieved all the points from 1-8

on that scale, has developed further both in breadth and depth, and is working consistently beyond the level of the Early Learning Goals.

d. Children who achieve a scale score of six points or more are classified as working securely within the Early Learning Goals.

a good level of development (those achieving a score of 6 or more across the seven PSE and CLL scales and 78 points or more in total)."

From the 2009/10 DfE statistical release for the national EYFSP outcomes. These are the technical descriptors of the outcomes ranges. (My highlighted text)

Cx

Edited by catma

I'm new to this (nursery is my forte but the lines seem to blurr terribly during this time of the year!) - so would you expect children entering reception to have already achieved scale points 1-3 and working somewhere between 4-8??

Edit to clarify: would you be expecting the children to have good experience/evidence across the 40-60 development matters statements

Edited by gingerbreadman

I'm new to this (nursery is my forte but the lines seem to blurr terribly during this time of the year!) - so would you expect children entering reception to have already achieved scale points 1-3 and working somewhere between 4-8??

Edit to clarify: would you be expecting the children to have good experience/evidence across the 40-60 development matters statements

I would say that if they are working within points 4 - 8 then they are achieving an expected end of key stage milestone ie ELG. This would mean that attainment in that aspect was above national expectation as children are not expected to attain the ELGs until towards the end of the phase. Typically I would argue children who are on track would be in the securing 30 - 50/emerging 40 - 60 bands and this would be represented by the skills described in the first 3 scale points. Of course it possible for a child to be attaining higher skill linked scale points but the evidence base needs to be given the same rigorous criteria matching that occurs in the final EYFSP - is it independent, most of the time, at the same level of a child at the end of the stage would be expected to produce etc etc. Sometimes lack of rigour in this awards points too soon as the developmental pitch of an assessment point is misunderstood.

Cx

Cx

Guest tinkerbell

Thanks for the correct,technical jargon Catma I can now word my letter to the parents.

Gingerbreadman the children who enter Reception may have achieved 1-3 in nursery but I do find that for some children starting school can reallly knock them back....school is a big step and the confidence needs building back up again.I work in a small school with no nursery,consequently we have 16 children coming from 10 settings ! (1 child home based).

Tinkerbellx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)