4 replies to this topic

#1 TinklePrincess

TinklePrincess

Settling in nicely!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 04:54 PM

I know that I should have this imprinted on my mind but I feel like I always get it wrong and this is my dissertation!

How would you reference the EYFS using the Harvard Referencing style?

I always put

GREAT BRITAIN. (2007) The Early Years Foundation Stage: Setting the Standards for Learning, Development and Care for Children from Birth to Five. Nottingham: DfES

but I don't think the GREAT BRITAIN bit as the author is right... would you just put DfES there as well as in the publisher part?
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow. I wanna dance like no one's around. I wanna sing like nobody's listening, before I lay my body down. I wanna give like I have plenty. I wanna love like I'm not afraid. I wanna be the man I was meant to be; I wanna be the way I was made!

Actually, I've always had a rather extensive vocabulary. Not to mention a phenomenal grasp of grammar, and a superlative command of syntax. I simply chose not to employ them!

#2 footychick

footychick

Settling in nicely!

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

I know that I should have this imprinted on my mind but I feel like I always get it wrong and this is my dissertation!

How would you reference the EYFS using the Harvard Referencing style?

I always put

GREAT BRITAIN. (2007) The Early Years Foundation Stage: Setting the Standards for Learning, Development and Care for Children from Birth to Five. Nottingham: DfES

but I don't think the GREAT BRITAIN bit as the author is right... would you just put DfES there as well as in the publisher part?

I have always put:

For Statutory Guidance:

Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) (2008a) Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage. Nottingham: DCSF Publications.

For the Practice Guidance:

Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) (2008b) Practice Guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage. Nottingham: DCSF Publications.

Hope this helps

#3 TinklePrincess

TinklePrincess

Settling in nicely!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 06:50 PM

I have always put:

For Statutory Guidance:

Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) (2008a) Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage. Nottingham: DCSF Publications.

For the Practice Guidance:

Department for Children, Schools and Families (DCSF) (2008b) Practice Guidance for the Early Years Foundation Stage. Nottingham: DCSF Publications.

Hope this helps

My booklet says that it's Department for Education and Skills (DfES) Is that not right?
but thank you, the rest helps :)
I wanna live like there's no tomorrow. I wanna dance like no one's around. I wanna sing like nobody's listening, before I lay my body down. I wanna give like I have plenty. I wanna love like I'm not afraid. I wanna be the man I was meant to be; I wanna be the way I was made!

Actually, I've always had a rather extensive vocabulary. Not to mention a phenomenal grasp of grammar, and a superlative command of syntax. I simply chose not to employ them!

#4 footychick

footychick

Settling in nicely!

• Full FSF Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:02 PM

Are you using the 2008 (current) copy? I did notice you put 2007 in your referencing, the revised EYFS is published by DCSF. I no longer have the 2007 copy so cannot check.

Edited by footychick, 25 April 2011 - 07:03 PM.

#5 TinklePrincess

TinklePrincess

Settling in nicely!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 25 April 2011 - 07:47 PM

Ahh, that'll be why then... I have the 2007 copy... thanks :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users