Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

The Ey2 Form

Hi

This may seem a silly thing to ask but I have read the form over and over and cant make my mind up!

The nursery is part of a large organisation I have managed it for 16years , last Ofsted was Outstanding.

Head office have said for me to fill in an EY2 form. I know its for the manager in charge of the day to day running of setting, but do I really need to be looked into as suitable after all this time?

Or is everyone having to do this

Thanks for any of your views

I had been running a setting for 11 years and Ofsted asked me to do this.. had to get medical form done by GP and they did a CRB check.. when I asked why it was because they were catching up with paperwork for those who had continued under the old Social Services check and had not yet been checked by Ofsted...

i did argue the fact that a suitable persons interview was one step too far (as they did suggest one) but having had loads of inspections and getting good results every time asked if these were all worthless.. had I been unsuitable it should have been picked up at one of them!

All that happened was I sent in the form etc and never heard a result or anything back! so much for communication..

perhaps ask your employers why you have to do this.. could be Ofsted have asked for it..

By the way, when Ofsted took over I did send in the appropriate forms at the time as they asked me to, but never heard back from them then either.

Edited by Inge

but the original question was not about committee..

but about rosyposy who has been running the setting for 16 years and now asked to fill one in by the employer.. or did I totally misread it...

committees have always had to fill in the forms etc

Yes your right Inge and thank you for your answer

I spoke to the head office to day to ask are they sure this form was for me ?

Yes they said Ofsted had reqested it.

I have filled it in and sent if off .

"they were catching up with paperwork for those who had continued under the old Social Services check and had not yet been checked by Ofsted..." This was in your reply Inge and it did seem as maybe this is what they are doing.

What if they find I am unsuitable ? who fault is it ? Ofsteds for letting me think I was suitable for 16 years ? Can I sue ?

Well thats me too then Rosyposy, as i am also under the old sysem and so are two of my staff, but when we did fill the old DC2 forms as they were then they were returned saying we are not doing them at the moment ,still have them in our file. Not sure what to think, perhaps we could sue together rosyposy. :o

I've spoken to Ofsted almost daily over the last 3 weeks, trying to sort a CRB for my daughter who's reached her 16th birthday... several times I've asked about updating my social services/police check (done in 1998) and each time I've been told that "no, it's fine, there's no need for it"

So, my daughter will have an enhanced disclosure certificate and I still won't :o

Nona

I've spoken to Ofsted almost daily over the last 3 weeks, trying to sort a CRB for my daughter who's reached her 16th birthday... several times I've asked about updating my social services/police check (done in 1998) and each time I've been told that "no, it's fine, there's no need for it"

So, my daughter will have an enhanced disclosure certificate and I still won't :o

Nona

Yup, mine too! and my staff except the Deputy and myself

...and another one!! Out of 7 staff I have 2 of them with CRB's rest under old system and Ofsted told not to bother. I was in the same situation as you 3 years ago. Our last inspector came in and said to me Who are you? I have no record of you, Oh really, says I -I have worked here nearly 20 years, been manager for 10 of them & this will be my 3rd inspection as a manager. Ok she says, but you and your Deputy (who had been there 6 years the) must fill in a EY2 each. So we did and Ofsted sent hers back, denied getting mine said I didn't need to do one anyway (via phone) & then started hounding me at work and home as I didn't have a crb or a suitable person interview and honestly hounding was the right word. 3 times I sent them my 'fit person' letter and the letter I had after my interview with social services. In the end I got so fed up with them saying that I couldn't run the group and that they didn't know what I was talking about that I refused to take anymore phone calls from them. I eventually had a really nice letter from a manager saying she was really sorry for th e trouble that had been caused and that of course I didn't have to have an interview to deem as a suitable person after all that time or a crb and please carry on. However I am fully expecting the next inspector to come in and start th ewhole process again!!

Ooh sorry didn't mean to highjack your post

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)