Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Personal Statement - Opinions Please

Hi all, I wonder if any of you lovely people could give me a bit of feedback on my personal statement which I need to write for my application form for the foundation degree. It states that is 'optional' and doesn't give any clue to word count. I particularly dislike 'in my spare time' so any suggestions on how to word this differently would be much appreciated.

I have chosen the Early Years Foundation Degree as I feel it is the most appropriate course to develop my knowledge and skills, and improve my practice, as a pre school practitioner. Although I have only been employed as a practitioner for just over two years, I have had a keen interest in child development and early learning since the birth of my first child eight years ago.

Over the past 15 months I have completed the CACHE Diploma in Pre School Practice via distance learning. Through my studies and research I have learnt a vast amount about child development, providing an inclusive environment, safeguarding and child protection, the EYFS curriculum and planning. I have been empowered by this knowledge and have developed my skills as a reflective practitioner as well as enjoying the benefits of applying theory to my daily practice. I have been inspired and motivated to continue studying in this area for my personal development and hopefully benefit the children that I work with. I have excellent communication, numeracy and IT skills. I am confident to work independently and also enjoy working within a team.

In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family, running, cycling and I am a regular volunteer at my children’s primary school. I have served as a member of the PTA fundraising committee for the past five years and a parent governor for the last two years

Hi Vickymck,

I think what you have written is absolutely fine.It clearly shows your interest in the course and what you want to get from it.

Instead of in my spare time perhaps say in my leisure time!

When I had to do a personal statement for FD I only did a few lines and got on the course!!

Good luck I think you will be really enjoy it if you do it! Unsworth

Sounds fab to me Vicky - although I'm not sure I understand the concept of leisure time! :o

Good luck with your application - look forward to hearing you've got a place!

Maz

- although I'm not sure I understand the concept of leisure time! xD

Tee hee! Vicky, "leisure time" will be a long forgotten memory when you start your FD :o

Your statement reads well to me, good luck!

Nona

Yes I agree - your statement is well written, brings in all the elements - I am sure you will breeze through. And yes I agree "leisure" time will become a thing of the past but your study will become your leisure.

Nikki

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)