Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Superhero Role Play And Writing Area

The boys in my class are a little (!) unkeen to write, but are very keen on making superhero models and pretending to be superheroes. I want to turn an outdoor role play into a superhero scenario and turn our graphics area into a superheroes office- but am a bit stuck what to put in there!! I'm going to ask the children on Monday for their ideas, but wanted to know if anyone on this great site had any ideas!

Thanks,

Sian

Hi and welcome.....I think someone on here had superhero paper for mark making ....they will be on soon I expect to share with you....... :oxD

Wilkos had some Ben10 notepads and pencils. Add some downloaded images to plain paper to make superhero note paper.

My children love making cards, so I print off lots of small clip art images and cut them out and leave these in the area, then the children stick them onto the front of the cards. You could print off mini pics of superheros for this idea. Some have been 'writing' in the inside, others have asked us to write the inside for them, but it all helps!

One of the F2 class teachers at school found some Ben 10 magnets and stuck them onto a free standing whiteboard she has and the children came and made lots of marks around these!

Hi ya

We are currently doing mystical places and magical things. One of my boys wanted to do magical cars and another wanted to do Transformers!! Today we had a great session; on the writing table gave them a basket of cars and some gel pens (always a winner in my class) the children loved drawing magical cars. Watercolours and pens - draw your own transformation i.e. a girl drew herself as a pink dinosaur. Junk modelling/construction create their own transformers. I also drew a transformer picture that when coloured in, cut out and folded in half becomes a different shape. I find any paper on a small clip board encourages the boys to make marks more readily especially when put alongside the tuff spot or construction toys.

hope this is helpful

NikkiMac

• 3 years later...
Guest sn0wdr0p

We use wrapping paper to cover pen pots etc. We got spiderman paper from ASDA. How about them writing down a mission or giving them a mission to read and carry out. We also invent our own superheroes with their own particular skills. I made some capes out of lining material and the children designed their own logo which they used fabic pens for to draw onto their capes. I bit of velcro to fasten them with and a lovely example of their work to take home.

I think we got some stuff from sparklebox or twinkl as well.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)