Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

15 Hour Funding

Jackie H

I would like to talk to any members that are funded by NYCC regarding the flexability funding and how this can be spent. To be eligible for funding with NYCC a child must attend a minimum of 3 days. So if they wanted to come 2 days only no funding could be given and they could not access their full entitlement. Is this the same with all county councils?

not sure what you mean? If children attend the full 15 hrs it has to be over 3 day minimum but if, say, they come for 10 hrs a week in total , 5 on each day, they get funding for 10 hrs.

I am in sussex

Edited by anju

in our area it is an Anju said..

they get funding for up to 15 hours a week.. If they choose to only attend 2 days that is fine they still get the funding,

which is where the 3 day bit comes in .. to get full allowance it has to be over minimum of 3 days...

think they have a maximum of 5 hrs they could claim each day which would be a more understandable way to explain it..

15 hours with a maximum number of hours to claim in one day..

Inge

they get funding for up to 15 hours a week.. If they choose to only attend 2 days that is fine they still get the funding,

No, we are not allowed to fund a child that comes two full days only. They have to come 3 days or more. No flexability there!

Yet another anomaly on how LEAs interpret the guidance... but as you I cannot understand how this offers any flexibility ...

and if the attend 2 days I suppose you would be able to charge for this?

I know it is not the answer just throwing a question into the pot...

Inge

We are also getting a flexability allowance Inge because we are offering total flexability, what a joke because as I see it we are not flexable at all as we cant offer it to parents who only work two days!!

On top of our 15 hours £3.90ph we are getting £1.10 for 15 hours per funded child a week. I guess I could use this money to offer these children 2.5 on the third day then they would be entitled to full funding . Its all a bit mad, and what annoys me is settings near me that are offering parents full funding on two days and I am turning them away so to speak. They will all get found out in the long run as all the forms now have to be filled in with a lot more detail and when they get an audit forms have to match registers.

Why can't all county councils be the same in their code of conduct.

Edited by Jackie H

No, they can claim up to 8hours in one day. I have spoken to the head of funding at NYCC and she said that a parent could have 8 hours one day then a mixture of 7 over the other two days.

She did see my point that we were not able to fund parents that only work 2 days a week and need the child care, but if that parent worked an extra morning she could be funnded.

No flexabilty there just madness.

Are there no other settings having this problem?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)