Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Eyfs Display

green hippo

Hi,

I want to set up a display about the EYFS for parents. What do you have on yours? Do you display the poster? Thinking of linking photos to the principles with a little excerpt from the guidance? (I know this has been covered before but can't find the thread - sorry).

Also, do you send any leaflets home - e.g. phonics etc. Do you display planning? Is it the planning as you write it or a simplified version?

Thanks

Green Hippo

Hi,

I have the poster up on display in our entrance area with what you suggest, an excerpt from the guidance and a photo that illustrates this principle. Next to this display I have a "What we are learning this week" board and a "What you can do at home" board. On these I write a few bullet points each week explaining what we will be doing that week and ideas for activities that would support the children's learning at home. I don't put my full plans up, but find the parents find it useful to know what we will be doing as they then make an effort to support this learning at home.

Rosie

ours isn't brill as we don't have a lot of space in v hall but we have had various posters up and articles about different aspects of eyfs/principles of early years- at present we have some info on how to support literacy and numeracy development at home.

There are super super 'Learning Together Leaflets' on all sorts of topics- behaviour, literacy, numeracy, outdoor learning, ict etc they are all free but you pay for post and packaging which varies depending on how many leaflets you have ordered- very reasonable too

We also have a few quotes laminated and stuck onto walls around different areas of room too which i think add a nice touch to demonstrate that we do know what we're talking about and that children are always learning

otherwise if only just starting display have a chat to parents to assess how much of eyfs they understand, aspects of learning particularly relevant to your setting and children, parental involvement etc...good luck

just wanted to add that our planning is up as it is so parents can see how much hard work we put into the weekly planning

Edited by ExtraordinaryChicken

• 4 weeks later...

I have a what are we learning this week board, I write a brief parent friendly summary/learning intentions. I also write on the whiteboard what the children are doing each day next to the visual timetable for parents to share with their children in the morning.

I also send home a termly newsletter which tell parents some of the topics, things they will be learning. It also tells parents how some topics arise based on childrens interests etc and bit of info about supporting learning at home.

Haven't really got a EYFS board up, just the poster but would like to do one. AT the beginning of the year I held a open evening to tell parents how EYFS works. I have since done a phonics workshop which explained how parents can help their children at home, seemed to go down well.

Sorry for late reply, only just seen it!

we have the EYFS poster up and photos of the children "doing"

although we are an FSU each teacher sends out their own newsletter each week.

When we do home visits we explain the learning journey to the parents and cover it again on the new induction eve.

On our parents eve i set up camp in the corridor outside the classroom and hand out learning journeys, and am on hand to answer general questions whilst they wait to see the teacher.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)