Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Children In Need

narnia

nothing doing here, I'm afraid. Down the road the houses are under 8 feet of water - and more rain to come. I'll be with you in spirit, but my energy will be elsewhere.

Edited by Cait

Cait id been reading on the news how bad the floods were up there, and you popped into may head, so Im glad to hear that you are coping OK so far.

Being with us in spirit is fine!

Hopefully lots of you will be popping in at some point, otherwise Ill be talking to myself all evening and winning all those prizes.....

Children in Need night is always a time for counting one's blessings, but even more so today with so many people suffering the after effects of the weather. Unfortunately it will take a long time for their lives to return to normal, but with the grace of God and a healthy dose of good old British bulldog spirit these families will receive the support they need, and quickly.

I'll be here for the duration - just wondering how I'm going to watch any of Children in Need with no tv. Could be a challenge - but at least I'll be able to give my full attention to our mirth making activities here!

Only just over an hour to go!

Maz

Maz, do you have a t.v. licence? if so you could watch live t.v. on your computer if you have broadband.

Cait, hope everyone affected by the awful weather gets some relief soon. Wonder if there will be a "disaster" fund set up, if it's only a local collection, do let us know on here and maybe we can help out a bit?

Will be popping in and out all evening to see what's going on - do we all meet in the chat room?

Cait I was wondering how you would be as it is really dreadful up here. I do hope the flooding goes down where you are and it doesn't get worse tomorrow. I really feel for those poor families who have to leave their homes, and wonder how they will be feeling as it will be a long time before they can return. The rescue services have been amazing haven't they.

We are stranded near Hawkshead but are fine and the flooding has receded. Hawkshead was deluged yesterday but sandbags seem to have done the trick. It is very muddy and there is a lot of debris about. Fortunately it is quite hilly and all the farm animals have been able to reach dry ground.

Lots of good wishes for you all.