Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Leaves

Was just wondering what fun stuff other people have been up to with the leaves?

We have been looking at the different shapes and colours and been doing some leaf printing. We have also been looking at the different texture and noises the fallen leaves make and have tried to think of why that might be.

The children (YR) are loving playing with them so much, I would love some more ideas

XXX

I gave my children brooms, dustpans and brushes and they spent hours sweeping up the leaves in the playground for the caretakers!

Carrots x

We have a small water trough filled with them. ours are having a great time too. inside we have put numbers in for them to have a hunt with, aswell as ladles, spatulas etc

Leaves on the parachute are great fun!

What a great idea! We laminated some of ours - great for preserving them to compare with the steadily decomposing ones in our garden!

Maz

Hello everyone!

You have got some lovely ideas in here! I used lives with my children- I work as a Nanny , to make a collage by gluing them on and putting modge podge (glue). We also put a piece of paper over them and color over them with a pencil producing a rubbing.

hope this gives u some more ideas!

x

I 'arrived' at preschool with a HUGE box and the children were SOOOOOOO interested I was really surprised!

We talked about the colour/size/shape of the box and what they thought might be inside. They listened as they shook the box etc etc and were ecstatic when they found it was full of leaves.

We spent ages throwing them in the air and watching the wind blow them in all directions and eventually they decided to keep the leaves, so they used a variety of brushes, swept them all up and put them back in the box

Typing this makes it all sound rather boring and unexciting but it was actually one of the best things we have done in a long time! Maybe one of those 'you had to be there' occasions

Autumn is a such a nice time! Except the rain! This week I am going to use conkers to make little creatures- u just need some self adhesive wobbly eyes and some cotton wool for hair and they are ready! Greate fun for the little ones- belive me I made them before!

We have rolled out some clay and put a leaf on top, a piece of paper over that and then rolled over it with a rolling pin. then we cut around the shape with a clay tool, removed the leaf and it leaves a lovely print which they can paint when it has dried out a bit.

Sorry if this has been suggested - going out very soon so no time to read all replies but we did lots of leaf rubbings with wax crayons - children loved seeing the patterns and shapes of the leaves on the paper, and those who used different colours, one on top of the other, created some gorgeous effects.

We read 'Leaf Man' by Lois Ehlert, an absolutely gorgeous book and all the pictures in the story are amde from leaves. We made our own Leaf Men pictures, and some children decided to animals like in the story. They look fab!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)