Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Agm Advice Please

Thanks Rachel.

No one's given me a copy of last year's minutes so I might gloss over that bit :o

Someone came forward last night (AGM is today) to offer to do secretary role - hurrah!

No sign of a treasurer, though, but I am going to prick their consciences at the meeting today.

Thanks to everyone who's given advice, fingers crossed it will go okay.

The first year I joined the playgroup committee there was no AGM minutes from the previous year. There had been real problems and a mass exodus of committee members, so the secretary who handed over to us had basically taken it on for the last month to keep things ticking over until she could run for the hills. I don't think she had much of a clue about the secretary's position at all! It never occurred to any of us (I was treasurer) to check that the AGM minutes had been written up until a year later when it was a little too late. :o

At least you have one role filled now and hopefully you'll get a treasurer soon too. xD

Just spoke to the secretary, the minutes of last AGM are officially missing!

Now apparently have 2 offers to do secretary (it's being suggested they do a 'job share' on it, but personally I'm not keen).

We're going to farm out lots of the technical bits of the treasurer role, so we only really need someone to collect cash and cheques and go to the bank. I will twist arms and use the 'otherwise we close' angle. Hopefully it won't come to that! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)