Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Mixed Age Ratios

yep 2 year olds are definitely 2 until the day of their 3rd birthday...then they miraculously turn into a 3 year old ;)xD ...sorry couldn't resist

Yes - it's a wonderful day.... Overnight they become so much more mature and need less supervision- amazing to observe. :) :)

• Like 1

LOL yes it's funny how ALL children are suddenly able to be supervised in 8s isn't it?

I am so relieved. Apparently the head was told by... wait for this... the childcare sufficiency woman (don't know her full title - I don't get the privilege of being involved!) of all people!!! Our administrator told me that she had told her this and she had been asked to look it up (I suspect so she could wave it under my nose as evidence when I protested) FGS my poor girls have enough trouble managing with keeping up with potty training and nappy changing at 1:4. I emailed my EYFSA at the same time as posting here and she also said it's not true. The childcare lady has now apparently apologised for mis-informing our head muhahaha.

Oh and for those that are interested - rising 3 means 'will turn 3 by the end of the current term'. This means though that they can be as young as 2y9m which is when we accept them. Thank goodness it was wrong.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hi all,

Sorry to dig this up but after trying to find a simple calculation solution for the ratios I came across this post, the attachment is brilliant.

I have come up with hopefully a quick way if anyone hasn't got the chart to hand, if this isn't correct I'm sure someone will let me know....here goes...

Total amount of children, then reduce by 4, 8, 12, 16 this is the amount required to keep within the two year old ratio

i.e.

4 (if one to four 2 yr olds present)

8 (if five to eight 2 yr olds present)

12 (if nine to twelve 2 yr olds present)

and so on

this ensures the 3 yr olds are included into the 2 yr olds ratio numbers.

Divide the remainder by eight.

as I'm typing this it doesn't sound so clear so I'll try and give an of example:-

35 children, 3 are 2 year olds therefore take 4 off the total and divide remainder by 8 =

35 - 4 = 31 ( one staff )

31 + 8 = 4, therefore total 5 staff required

Edited by montymad