Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Observation Techniques

Hi

Can anyone help me. For my uni work i need to think of 6 different types of observations to cover these 6 developmental areas;

Physical

Social

Emotional

Cognitive

Sensory

Language

I can only think of tick list, written observation and tracker. I know its Monday morning but can somebody help me......

Many thanks.

Hi carly1

I could list a few but it was sometime ago that I studied all this but I have just found a site for you which lists them and explains them and there is more than 6 so you can take your pick hope its useful

http://www.howto.co.uk/family/childminding...nd_assessments/ sorry dont know how to link but just type that in and you should find it

hope it helps

Salm

Language sampling - where you write down just what the child says through a conversation to analyse their use of oral language

Timed tracking - note what they are doing every 10 mins to observe depth of engagement

Leuven Scale type observation base on engagement and wellbeing

Filming/photographic observation capture

ipsative referencing where the child discusses their work in relation to what they think they've got better at

Cx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)