Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Activities To Support Children With Sen

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas for activities in relation to the under 5's - I have no specific areas such as autism - Wheelchair bound - but would appreciate any input and ideas available for SEN in general or with specific problems for the Birth - 5 year age range.

Thanks

Hi everyone

Just wondering if anyone can give me some ideas for activities in relation to the under 5's - I have no specific areas such as autism - Wheelchair bound - but would appreciate any input and ideas available for SEN in general or with specific problems for the Birth - 5 year age range.

Thanks

I haven't got any advice on activities other than all activities should be adapted to meet differing needs to ensure that each child can be included, if an activity you have planned for all children can not be accessed by a child with SEN then you are not being inclusive.

I use makaton signing to support general communication and songtime, visual timetables etc. playdough activities are good for developing muscle control, dressing and undressing dolls to support their own self care skills - all the things that you do anyway. I think you may need to be more specific to the child and their needs if you want activity ideas

I would also suggest you take care over terminology as 'wheelchair bound' would be considered to be discriminatory, 'wheelchair user' is more appropriate and fits with the social model of disability

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)