Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

World Book Day

Hello, I have taken over the role of Litercay coordinator in our school and I am aware World Book day is looming. Has anyone gotcany great ideas of what they do at their school? I need to think of activities that would be suitable for the whole school and not just in the Early Years. Any suggestions would be great! I have tried to do a search but can't seem to come with any thing much so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Hello, I have taken over the role of Litercay coordinator in our school and I am aware World Book day is looming. Has anyone gotcany great ideas of what they do at their school? I need to think of activities that would be suitable for the whole school and not just in the Early Years. Any suggestions would be great! I have tried to do a search but can't seem to come with any thing much so if anyone can point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Previous years in my early years settings the children (and staff) come to nursery in their pyjamas and bring in their favourite book. This is extended by the children drawing a picture from their book and then making their own books.

When my daughter was at primarty school, on world book day they could go to school dressed as their favourite book charachter.

Hope these ideas give you food for thought

good luck and enjoy the day

Unfortunately we have a couple - no make that 3 or 4 children who would 'freak out' if we wore something different. The Christmas party was a nightmare because children wore different clothes. Staff still came in usual uniform, but my goodness!

Unfortunately we have a couple - no make that 3 or 4 children who would 'freak out' if we wore something different.

Good point - important to consider these aspects during the planning stages. And to involve children in the decision making process, in ways they can contribute!

Maz

last year the children cames as a book character and brought in the corresponding book.Parents were invited into to read books to the children(we are an early years setting) we had a lot of books/information out for parents to highlight the importance of reading.we also carried out book related activities. theres lots of worksheets and activity ideas on the world book day website. Angela x

• 3 weeks later...

Just spotted in my local Asda this evening they are selling outfits for World Book Day at £8 each. They seemed mainly to be of Mr Men /Little Misses :o characters but did spot some that weren't but can't for the life of me remember what they were!

Does anyone have any simple but effective adult dressing up ideas?! I really don't want to be a witch again - there's always loads of them! It needs to be easy but recognisable and not something that will stop me from doing my job!

Also what do you suggest to children who don't have dressing up stuff at home? Maybe we could make animal masks earlier in the week...

I'm afraid I don't do dressing up, doufu so I can't really help.

For children who don't have dressing up at home, I would possibly ask if they would like to borrow something of ours, and make sure they take it home the day before.

Welcome to the Forum doufu - congratulations on making your first post!

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)