Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Pre-school Baseline Assessments

Hi, and thanks for all the great advice you all post for us.

Please could someone help me with a pro-forma for doing a baseline assessment..I work with Pre-school aged children and at present we just use the information from parents in thier 'starting out' booklets..: what they like doing , what they can do etc..

But I am struggling with a simple format this information can be tranfered onto...using the EYFS development matters etc.

Please help as I am pulling my hair out !!

Many thanks in anticipation.x

We complete an initial observation form which I'll attach. We now match the observations to the EYFS areas and stages and I need to add a box to the form for recording this for each obs. This is then transferred onto our summative assessment sheet which we have shared with our advisors and who now want to share it around our county?!? :o Let me know if you want this too. The most important thing is to keep it simple and adapt any of the ideas you get to work for you. Good luck.

Ooh, forgot to say we also keep an example of their markmaking - I'll attach that too!

4b_Initial_obs_form.doc

4c_a_pic_of_me___new_joiners.doc

Let me know if you want this too.

Yes please, I want this too! The attachments you have already given us are fab - thank you!

Yes please, I want this too! The attachments you have already given us are fab - thank you!

Yes please if you would be so kind to share.x

Phew, it took some finding, especially after a glass of wine, but here it is. I am pretty sure that I got the original idea from here so thanks to whoever posted it originally. Please take the time to make sure that he EYFS page no's are correct for the copy you use. Remember there was the original edition and then the June 08 one and I can't remember which is on this form...

We have recently modified it to include the boxes at the bottom... we add a highlighter colour to the box and then cross ref the entries with the same colour.... does that make sense? The obs summary completed in December were all highlighted green, the end of Spring term ones will be a different colour... that way you can identify progression at a glance and also see where you might need to target additional support...

This form is pasted on the back of the child's Learning Journey Book.

MY_LEARNING_JOURNEY_SUMMARY.doc

We complete an initial observation form which I'll attach. We now match the observations to the EYFS areas and stages and I need to add a box to the form for recording this for each obs. This is then transferred onto our summative assessment sheet which we have shared with our advisors and who now want to share it around our county?!? :o Let me know if you want this too. The most important thing is to keep it simple and adapt any of the ideas you get to work for you. Good luck.

Ooh, forgot to say we also keep an example of their markmaking - I'll attach that too!

LJW, if you don't mind I would love to use your initial observation form. Thanks for posting it is extremely useful. mrsW

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)