Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Autumn

Jackie H

Thanks, Jackie H

Our Topic is Autumn this half term and i have been looking for posters, pictures etc that fit in with this topic.

Anyone else know any good websites, ideas etc????

Thanks in advance

Tiny

Hello,

I'm looking for similar stuff for colouring in and what not. Went browsing and found this site. Hope it's okay.

www.activityvillage.co.uk

Susan

Also I found a nice board game about collecting acorns on the bbc website:

www.bbc.co.uk/schools/laac/making/mmi7.shtml

Hope that's right!

Dianne xxx

We collected lots of acorns last week, then sorted them, counted them, looked at them with magnifying glasses (taking care that nobody tried to eat them or put them up noses or in ears :o - we went to casualty to have a nut removed from a nose recently xD ).

Then today we went out for a walk to find squirrels. Eventually we found two, who ran up a tree the moment they saw us. But we left them a little pile of acorns at the bottom of the tree, and tomorrow plan to go back to see if an have gone. (we counted them out very carefully so that we'll know.)

It was a very relaxed, low-key activity, but we saw lots of things on our walk to do with Autumn (called Fall here) to talk about. We collected some different fallen leaves, which we'll probably use for some artwork later in the week.

We also had a lot of fun last week with different pine cones and the toy trucks, loading them up and moving them from place to place. It resulted in some really creative play.

• 4 weeks later...

I came on here to ask if anyboy would have any resources or links to sites regarding Autumn, and you lot had beaten me to it! :)

Some really good links, I especially like the 'ActivityVillage'

Cheers guys!

• 7 years later...

I found hedgehog number rhymes in a number sack on amazon that my class have really enjoyed, great for 'playing and exploring' and 'critical thinking'. 1 for adding, 1 for take away and also lots of measuring. I used it as stimulus for maths circle time inititally and then added it to number area, led to lots of problem solving. I now need another one!

http://www.amazon.co...49503941&sr=8-1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)