Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Religious Festivals Calendar

JacquieL

It is a very good site. I've been using it for some time now. What I also like is that they respond positively to any feedback you give them - I found a small error on one page & it was acknowledged.

I visited that site a while ago and I must agree its a brilliant site especially because it gives info about some of the english/christian festivals as well as the multicultural ones, we seem to spend so much time making sure we obeserve multicultral events and often forget to include ourselves our own culture and traditions

well worth keeping for future reference

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi

Does anyone know the dates of the festivals, just trying to do my long term plan, i usually go on the woodlands junior school site but for some unknown reason i cant get on, does anyone know where there is a list of dates, thankyou

Two religious festivals take place on Friday 10th September: Rosh Hashanah and Eid al-Fitr.

How would you celebrated it or explain it briefly to 4-5 year old children? It will only be the 1st week of school and the last day of the week. I just would not want to make it too long nor complicated since they are just starting.

Thanks in advance!

To be honest I don't think I'd do either in the first week of a child's time in nursery/school as there is so much else for them to experience and it could be confusing. There is always next year after all. If I had children present for whom these festivals were important I would probably mention them very briefly.

That is my concern, JL... I really don't feel that comfortable with it since it is the first week of school. I don't even know if they practice or not their faith at home, nor which faith do some of the children believe in... 3 of the children are new to our setting. The previous teacher 'doesn't know' of her 10 children believes, only if they were Hindi (because 'they were Indian'). I will work around Festivals in Nov & Dec, so maybe I should leave it for now and merely verify with the parents, so I can at least send a festive note in their diary/agenda.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)