Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Maths Activities For Autumn.

Hi everyone,

I am being observed next week and the main focus has to be maths with a number/counting focus.

This week we have had an autumn/harvets focus which I think might possibly stick with as the children are enjoying it. Any ideas for number activities i can do next week as i am seriously lacking in inspiration at the moment and panic will start setting in soon!

Thanks Ems xx

What about leaf print patterns, leaf counting, hedgehogs decorated with different size triangle prickles, leaf sorting and lacing or hybernating small world animals buried in large pile of leaves on tuff spot for finding and counting?

Hi everyone,

I am being observed next week and the main focus has to be maths with a number/counting focus.

This week we have had an autumn/harvets focus which I think might possibly stick with as the children are enjoying it. Any ideas for number activities i can do next week as i am seriously lacking in inspiration at the moment and panic will start setting in soon!

Thanks Ems xx

Counting conkers, sorting and counting leaves depending on their size, shape or colour?

I use a squirrel puppet and a basket and sammy tells the children how many acorns he would like them to put in his basket and to extend it for the more able children they find the number card that corrosponds with the amount of acorns sammy wants. My children love this activity and are always engaged.

Outside autumnal treasure hunt? Sorting the treasures they find into different baskets and counting how many of each /finding corresponding numeral/ writing corresponding numeral/ did we find more leaves or conkers? / did we fit more leaves or conkers in the basket? (to stop the numbers getting too huge! / set treasure hunt - can you collect 6 acorns etc - either you asking them or the children collecting the treasure to go in labelled baskets...

Hi - if you have time to organise - we have had a Veg shop outside - been really great - the learning in respect of PSRN has been brilliant, and easily adapted according to the age of the little ones - ie 2 year olds were busy and older ones sorting and ordering by number - Dot :o

Hi everyone - wow! Thank you for all your lovely ideas they are fab - my only problem now is which ones to use on Wednesday as I want the head to see them all - thanks so much for your help Emsxx

Wolfie - how does the five little leaves rhyme go by the way? xx

Edited by Guest

• 3 years later...

I found hedgehog number rhymes in a number sack on amazon that my class have really enjoyed, great for 'playing and exploring' and 'critical thinking'. 1 for adding, 1 for take away and also lots of measuring. I used it as stimulus for maths circle time inititally and then added it to number area, led to lots of problem solving. I now need another one!

http://www.amazon.co...49503941&sr=8-1

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)