Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Minibeasts

Dear all,

I've just got a temporary job until half term teaching reception. Firstly, I have never taught reception before (only year 1 and year 2) so this will be quite new and I'm not quite sure how to plan the topic for this half term: minibeasts.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sue

• 2 years later...
Many thanks, Lisa. I am very grateful and to have access to such a good website.

Sue

how do i access the plans on the norfolk website?

Welcome Sandrac,

this is an old thread, did you find the info you needed?

no i didnt.

actually i dont find this site that easy to use!!

thanks for replying though

no i didnt.

actually i dont find this site that easy to use!!

thanks for replying though

I'm REALLY sorry to hear that! :o What do you find difficult about it? Is it navigating around or finding posts? If you tell us what the problem is, I'd really like to help. The Forum is a absolute goldmine of useful information and really helpful people who want to share their thoughts, experiences and advice - and we can't do that if you're not finding your way around!

Have you looked at this site for minibeasts?

Oh sorry to hear that! What were you needing info on? I am in the middle of minibeasts- actually the tadpoles died today-sniff. So ask me about anything else!!

Thanks, I think I just have to get to grips with this forum.

We have looked at butterflies, caterpillars, spiders and are now on ladybirds. Rightly or wrongly, we plan and teach seperate numeracy and literacy lessons daily-its how our HT wants us to plan. This week the focus book is The bad Tempered ladybird-thb I dont find it that much fun, but the chn seem to enjoy it. We have discussed our feelings and made mobiles of sad and happy faces and reasons as to why. All I can think of next is maybe to write a letter to the ladybird, but am not sure how to go about this not ever having taught letter writing before.

Tadpoles sound fun though-do you have a pond?

thanks

sandra

I'm REALLY sorry to hear that! :o What do you find difficult about it? Is it navigating around or finding posts? If you tell us what the problem is, I'd really like to help. The Forum is a absolute goldmine of useful information and really helpful people who want to share their thoughts, experiences and advice - and we can't do that if you're not finding your way around!

Have you looked at this site for minibeasts?

Thank you very much for the link.

I will try my best to fathom it out!

sandra

DO persevere, it's really worth it. Shout if you need some help

Oh and if you click on the link (the underlined bit) you'll find lots of ladybird activities you may find useful

Edited by Cait

nad ther is also the resources section of the forum which has topic ideas.. may be of some use..

find it right hand side of page .. resources... topic support form the drop down list..

or click here to go direct to the minibeast one..

Have fun exploring the forum.. it is always a good idea to check the dates on things as often links have changed if they are older posts. If you dont find what you want.. ask.. someone will always be able to point you in the right direction..

Inge

We did ladybirds last week, like you similar planning requirements.. We made ladybird simple sums. 2 circles (small paper plate size) 1 red 1 white. children cut red in half and stick black sugar paper spots on each half- their own choice of spots- and split pin onto white base which then has the sum written on. eg 4+1= 5. looked very effective on a washing line display.

We did ladybirds last week, like you similar planning requirements.. We made ladybird simple sums. 2 circles (small paper plate size) 1 red 1 white. children cut red in half and stick black sugar paper spots on each half- their own choice of spots- and split pin onto white base which then has the sum written on. eg 4+1= 5. looked very effective on a washing line display.

Thanks-I might just use that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)