Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outstanding Lesson Plan

Hi there,

Please do not think I am blowing my own trumpet- but I was really pleased to get an outstanding when i carried out this lesson with my class and wanted to share it with you.

There has been a lot on teacher's tv at the moment about how to make your lessons go from good to outstanding so I thought I would follow this up with my lesson plan.

I have worked hard to achieve outstanding and am considering AST although I am happy as a deputy head.

I know I still have a lot to learn= particularly when it comes to the e profile- I am totally clueless- but learning rapidly thanks to all of you.

suzy

lesson_plan_maths_tues_9th_oct_for_Pam.doc

Thank you for sharing your achievement with us, this is just the place to do it as we know how much work you will have put into it.

Thank you also for sharing your lesson plan, it will no doubt guide others who want to reflect on their provision.

Well done, you should be justifiably proud.

lovely lesson Suzybell. Well done! How many children and what age? Please? ... These things do matter, when we're evaluating our own practice.

Thanks

J

lovely lesson Suzybell. Well done! How many children and what age? Please? ... These things do matter, when we're evaluating our own practice.

Thanks

J

Hi there,

sorry should have put these details in for you. This is a foundation stage class- in a primary school, in a small village. There are 16 children- bliss. Mixed ability, 1 ADHD, 1 autistic. I hope this helps

So that would that be Foundation Stage 2 (4 & 5 year olds)- as in Reception class as was - not Foundation Stage 1 (3 & 4 year olds) as in nursery/pre-school or are they combined?

yes, sorry- been out of action so don't know these new terms- 4-5 year olds- reception class yes

suzy

• 3 years later...

Hi Suzy

I have to teach maths whilst being observed. The hungry caterpillar is the book that we are studying....... Any ideas of how to make my lesson outstanding!

Heaven

This is rather old now and I have no idea what numicon is, but I have to say I love the 'important jobs' for the role play on this plan. My year ones would love this (in a more challenging form obviously).

• 11 months later...
http://www.numicon.com/resource_overview/l...on_nursery.html

Here's a link to the numicon website - and their early years pack.

Coincidentally I was reading something about maths this week and numicon was mentioned. Does anybody have any experience of using this resource in a pre-school?

Yes our reception class use it quite a lot. It links colour and visual pattern to number. Hadn't heard of a shape numicon though.

I was wondering how you managed to get so much into your lesson, now the small class and older children makes sense! I also liked the role play ideas. Well done!

I'm being observed on thursday or friday, could be any point of the day but I hear maths is focus, so any outstanding carpet time ideas for a very low ability nursery group? The focus is marks representing number, so focusing on domino style dots to match to numerals.

So far we'll be matching numbered (and dotted) beanbags with numbered balls and a die for each child to choose the number to count to.

A mark-making activity would be good but unsure how to do this with such low ability (average 16-26mths/22-36mths level but age 3) and on a carpetted area. If it was on lino we'd have finger painting, playdough, various messy things! But it needs to be tidy :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)