Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Easter Card Ideas?

hi,

the easiest card i know is to make an Easter chick.

fold an A4 sheet of card in half.

cut out an oval of yellow paper for the body (depending on the age of the children you with they could draw round a template for themselves and cut this out).

for the wings, fold some more yellow paper in half and draw round the child's hand (fingers open), again they could cut out for themselves. if the children are too young, perhaps printing paint hand prints.

pre cut stips for the legs and fat 'w' shapes for feet, encourage the children to assemble.

add a beak and eyes!

Hi

I would love any new ideas for Easter crafts for children 4-12 years old. My problem is I work in a prison with visiting children and have lots of restrictions ie no scissors, no playdough

Any ideas please help

Thank you

Our card this year is half an A4 yellow or green piece of card. They have glued three yellow pompoms on and they will then add an eye, beak and legs with black felt pen.

Linda

Are you able to use pva glue? if so....

Just a thought, if you drew or had ovals to draw round onto card, then tear up strips of different coloured tissue paper, dip into pva and mould/lay over the ovals to create a slightly 3D egg.

Can also do this but onto laminated card then when the pva is dried peel off the resulting plastified work which is very pretty against a window as it is slightly transparent. Could do this to make chicks or chickens building up initial shapes from circles, triangles and ovals etc. You've got me going now.... I might even do this!

AOB

• 2 weeks later...

WE STEERED CLEAR OF THE TRADITIONAL GREETINGS CARD THIS YEAR AND MADE PLAGUES. PROVIDE CHILDREN WITH YELLOW/GREEN OR ORANGE CARD. LET THEM DRAW COLOUR AND LIGHTLY COLLAGE THEIR OWN DESIGNS. PICTURES OF EASTER RELATED ITEMS CAN BE USED A VISUAL POINT TO THEM IDEAS. ON THE BACK GET THE CHILDREN TO WRITE "HAPPY EASTER 2007 LOVE FROM ????????. lAMINATE, PUT 2 HOLES IN TOP AND THREAD WITH RIBBON. tHEY LOOKED GREAT.

I love hali's idea - giving the children easter type resources and letting them 'stick away'. That way the cards will still be 'eastery' but the children will have much more choice and independence in what they are doing and the cards will be more individual :)

Same as Hali we provide self selection of various items for children to 'stick' on their card.

Thought I would share this observation I did on a child aged 3.5 yrs. When asked ( by me) to make a Mothers day card with the learning intention of 'why' we send Mothers day cards, ( think about why we love Mum and show her by giving a card), plus of course creative expression.

The observation shows that he did comply to the adult request to make a card, and participated in what Ofsted would call 'purposeful play', however always in the back of his mind he really wanted to make something for his dad, his intentions where distracted by the materials on offer not the purpose of the activity.

After 30 minutes he returned to his own plans/ intentions and made his dad a card. I wonder what the observation would have shown if he was able to make his dads card first, would the discussion on parent/child love and relationships have been more focused? His 'creative expression' may have been more meaningful to him too. We may never know because this activity was adult led in terms of purpose.

I was impressed with his ability and determination to complete what he initially intended / wanted to do, showing that he could sit and 'work' for a long period of time, to achieve his own set goals.

Peggy

observation_Mothers_day_card.doc

• 1 year later...

Thanks nsunshine, I think we will have a go at that too...the children can do most of that themselves, plus maybe fingerprint orange/yellow feathers onto the body. :o

Vicky

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)