Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Display Ideas School Council

Has anyone got some good ideas for 'school council display boards or reception display which promote the schools achievements or every child matter. Totally stuck for inspiration as I've been analysisng data all week as assessment co-ordinator. I feel like my I've lost the will to live. Thanks if you can help. byee

For student council it is nice to have pictures of each member with name and class so children know who they are. At my last school student council changed the board a lot and used to often theme it to what was on the agenda of each meeting - I know for anti bullying week last year they did a big mural on 'feelings' of people bullying / being bullied. they also used to keep the 'ballot' box for votes about various things.

At my last school I was involved in every child matters and one of the issues my deputy used to talk about was communicatinag and evidencing what we were doing - and every child matters display is great for this. On our display we had 'Every child Matters' in the centre and coming of in a spider diagram the '5 areas' then we took photographs of different things - what was happening at lunchtime, in the playground, classwork, after school clubs, extra curricular activities and any projects linked to the school such as projects linked to the community (we were a children's centre and so had a baby clinic and visiting job centre on site) + writing underneath.

Hope this is helpful :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)