Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Remind me why I should be doing this job

Hi Lovely People

I am feeling a little down at the moment and am in need of severe cheering up. It has been a bit of a hard year and I am feeling a little "deskilled" by some of the challenges. So a little more than cheering up I need to be reminded why I am good at this job.

Now I know you do not know me well but I challenge you to give me top ten characteristics of being a good manager they could be labels I can reattach to myself and build myself up a bit.

Thanking You Muchly in advance.

i think as a manager you need to remember to look after yourself,

remember you cant do everything yourself.

a little joke one of my little ones told me this morning to cheer yourself up. what do you call a duck with cake ?................................

A lucky ducky...

• Like 3

Oh dear, sorry to hear you are feeling like this, but if it's any consolation we all go through this from time to time. When I begin to doubt myself I just look at the children and it reminds me why I started doing this job 25 years ago. I think as a manager it's very easy to become bogged down with all the paperwork and general worries and issues and sometimes we lose touch with how much fun children can be. I would just remember how much the children love you and how happy you make them.

• Like 1

i think as a manager you need to remember to look after yourself,

remember you cant do everything yourself.

a little joke one of my little ones told me this morning to cheer yourself up. what do you call a duck with cake ?................................

A lucky ducky...

Oh dear, sorry to hear you are feeling like this, but if it's any consolation we all go through this from time to time. When I begin to doubt myself I just look at the children and it reminds me why I started doing this job 25 years ago. I think as a manager it's very easy to become bogged down with all the paperwork and general worries and issues and sometimes we lose touch with how much fun children can be. I would just remember how much the children love you and how happy you make them.

You need the ability to 'chase your tail at high speed' (like dogs do)

As a manager you are always going around in circles !

Thank You.

Think it is so true about looking after ourselves. I am always the last to go to lunch, the one who reorganises commitments to give extra support. I hadn't thought of these contributory factors.

Feeling brighter already. Nearly a lucky ducky.

Louby I have bought a new pair of trainers these may help increase my agility and speed I guess!

• Like 1