Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Operational Plan

C1403

Hi All

Do Ofsted still request to see your operational plan? I've seen conflicting info.

I've been doing alot of reading of our documents lately and there are some updates needed.

Last inspection was Jan 15.

Our operaitional plan is fairly up to date apart from some staff changes which I have updated. Do I need to share with staff or put in a file?

Thanks. This being chair business has become a full time (unpaid) job!

• Like 1

I wasnt asked for one on a recent inspection. I think with a SEF these days and if you have a good website they use these for information about the setting.

The inspector gave me a list of documents when she rang the day before. I just made sure these were available.

Sorry to jump in, but what do people display on their website? We don't have one yet but it is a job for the summer.

decide what you need it to do for you first...do you want it to attract new customers /support the ones you've got /create a database of interested parties etc etc///lots of reasons for having one good to decide this first.

• Like 2

Sorry to jump in, but what do people display on their website? We don't have one yet but it is a job for the summer.

I haven't got one either

decide what you need it to do for you first...do you want it to attract new customers /support the ones you've got /create a database of interested parties etc etc///lots of reasons for having one good to decide this first.

Good advise here - I'm not entirely sure that I really need a website - tis a thought that is always at the back of my mind though

think that should have been advice - don't know anymore - brain addled by TDL :ph34r: :lol:

Edited by sunnyday
  • Like 1

I haven't got one either

Good advise here - I'm not entirely sure that I really need a website - tis a thought that is always at the back of my mind though

think that should have been advice - don't know anymore - brain addled by TDL :ph34r: :lol:

It is something Ofsted like to look at - our last inspector said she had looked at it and was impressed - ours is very basic but gives a inside view of what we do etc.,

It is something Ofsted like to look at - our last inspector said she had looked at it and was impressed - ours is very basic but gives a inside view of what we do etc.,

Thank you blondie - I will continue to think about it - any idea what sort of cost i would be looking at? (never any spare money now :( )

I use wix ..I have found it relatively easy (and I'm useless at IT!) it was free for the first year ...now website and domain cost me about £130 per year. However this is all my marketing and I have had 2100 hits in a year and a half ...I didn't think I needed one either! but we are now virtually paperless and parents can use google translate if they need to

go daddy offer free sites too.

I had a parent who was good at photography so she came in and did some shots for me which helped

• Like 1

Something else for the TDL Sunny!! I have a 'techy' friend who said he will help me set up one of easy free or nearly free ones. Will let you know how it goes. (Or if)

Oh thanks that would be good :1b

I have been thinking about for years - not sure I will ever get beyond the thinking stage :lol:

Oh and my TDL is quite long enough thanks! :lol:

• Like 1

Oh thanks that would be good :1b

I have been thinking about for years - not sure I will ever get beyond the thinking stage :lol:

Oh and my TDL is quite long enough thanks! :lol:

I have been thinking about it for years too and know it won't go beyond thinking! In fact it doesn't get thought about very often any more!

• Like 2

I am not very good at technical things, but created our website a few years ago. Found it quite stress free and the Ofsted inspector had a very thorough look at it and was most impressed. I used the free one from Weebly. I also find it useful to suggest to new parents that they look on it for extra information. I got rid of our operational plan years ago.

• Like 1

I am not very good at technical things, but created our website a few years ago. Found it quite stress free and the Ofsted inspector had a very thorough look at it and was most impressed. I used the free one from Weebly. I also find it useful to suggest to new parents that they look on it for extra information. I got rid of our operational plan years ago.

Is it free for ever? I really haven't a clue about these things, but really need to do one ASAP!

We had an 'incident' this week when a prospective parent turned up for a visit with us - after they googled 'our setting' and read all the information before phoning the mobile number and making an appointment to visit............... We don't have a website :o :wacko: Turns out is was another setting with the same name in a completely different county to us :lol: We managed to have a laugh about it - but it has made me realise that we do actually need to move a bit more with the times and get our own website.

The Weebly site with the domain name that we use is free. You can upgrade and have a better/more specific domain name, not sure how much that costs. I am so proud of our website as I have never attempted anything so technical before and even more pleased with the praise from 'important people' about it. The only downside is trying to keep it totally updated!

• Like 2

The Weebly site with the domain name that we use is free. You can upgrade and have a better/more specific domain name, not sure how much that costs. I am so proud of our website as I have never attempted anything so technical before and even more pleased with the praise from 'important people' about it. The only downside is trying to keep it totally updated!

Do you put all your policies on it, newsletters, photos of staff? How about photos of children? We have a Facebook page but don't post photos of children.

Do you put all your policies on it, newsletters, photos of staff? How about photos of children? We have a Facebook page but don't post photos of children.

ive just downloaded policies to it..i don't do newsletters I use tapestry! staff do a statement about themselves. photos are only of groups and with express permission to do so....no facebook/twitter or other social media for us ....most useful bit of website for us is the contact us form and the term dates!

• Like 1

That's encouraging :1b

When did the inspector look at it? No internet access in our building........

Quite keen on fm's comment that her setting is virtually paper free - so do you just tell parents 'latest newsletter is on the website'?

How much time is spent updating your website?

Sorry lots of questions there ::1a

ive just downloaded policies to it..i don't do newsletters I use tapestry! staff do a statement about themselves. photos are only of groups and with express permission to do so....no facebook/twitter or other social media for us ....most useful bit of website for us is the contact us form and the term dates!

Ah - Tapestry is something else on my summer TDL - 'research tapestry' - hmm my deputy is resistant to this idea :blink: :lol:

You are welcome to have a look at ours, may give you some ideas. stkevernepreschool.weebly.com

Any feedback welcomed.

Oh thank you - will do :1b

Is it free for ever? I really haven't a clue about these things, but really need to do one ASAP!

We had an 'incident' this week when a prospective parent turned up for a visit with us - after they googled 'our setting' and read all the information before phoning the mobile number and making an appointment to visit............... We don't have a website :o :wacko: Turns out is was another setting with the same name in a completely different county to us :lol: We managed to have a laugh about it - but it has made me realise that we do actually need to move a bit more with the times and get our own website.

Perhaps we could be 'website building' buddies ::1a

• Like 2

Quite keen on fm's comment that her setting is virtually paper free - so do you just tell parents 'latest newsletter is on the website'?

How much time is spent updating your website?

Sorry lots of questions there ::1a

Don't do newsletters at all...I either post a notice for everyone about an event or put up a notice in the hall!! (I even do that on a chalkboard now!)

I look at the website a couple of days a week quickly.....don't have much to update (Humm except for maybe at the moment!!)

try to put the events for the year when I know them possibly 30 minutes per week if that!

PS we trailed tapestry (you can get a free trail this time last year...even my most resistant staff could see the advantage quite quickly ...within a term they were telling me that if I went back to paper they would walk out! :o;)

• Like 2

You are welcome to have a look at ours, may give you some ideas. stkevernepreschool.weebly.com

Any feedback welcomed.

We have the free weebly site but I'm afraid ours is nowhere near as professional as yours! Now I've seen what you can do with this site I "must try harder" definately need to try to work out how to do the button text link. Thanks for sharing

• Like 1

Any feedback welcomed.

Just started looking at your website and I absolutely love your inclusion statement :1b now back to your website

• Like 1

Ah - Tapestry is something else on my summer TDL - 'research tapestry' - hmm my deputy is resistant to this idea :blink: :lol:

Oh thank you - will do :1b

I'm going to send my least IT literate member of staff to visit a local setting which uses Tapestry and getting her to report back. :lol:

We have a couple of other issues that need to be sorted first though.. :ph34r:

• Like 1