Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What are the different political parties saying about early years?

So WHY do we think that all the parties are going with the idea that the earlier the better for removing children from their key attachments to their parents?

All the best educators in Europe ,,, and most from further afield are putting children and families first ensuring that parents are there to help raise their children.

I wholeheartedly disagree that children should be removed from their parents care...we need to get to a model where we are encouraging parents to parent well not take a we know better idea and take them away from them.

We are storing up huge issues for our society in the future.

Come on politicians ...be different ...find another way...it's NOT working lets change before we have a society brought up by technology and eating ready meals from a microwave :(

• Like 8

I dont disagree - however, with some of us providers out there who still remember what it's like to be at home with our children and a more relaxed way of life, we know and understand what children need and we can continue to provide it, while we can, as an antidote to a passionless state who only want parents back at work to pay taxes.

• Like 1

I dont disagree - however, with some of us providers out there who still remember what it's like to be at home with our children and a more relaxed way of life, we know and understand what children need and we can continue to provide it, while we can, as an antidote to a passionless state who only want parents back at work to pay taxes.

I am indeed one of those lucky ones that managed to stay at home and that is the point isn't it everyone should be able to do this. ! years maternity leave plus one years paternity plus extra unpaid year if required. . Then children start pre-school until they are 6 (plus!) ready for school. Toilet trained...able to concentrate....physically suited to the situation and boys and girls enter on an even platform. ....but unfortunately I don't work for the government and they are so fixated on trying to keep taxes low and meet the pension pots that we have no chance.

Perhaps England could take the lead (like wales and Scotland have taken to do ) Perhaps we could be the world leaders...perhaps we should think bigger and better not try to fit bad ideas in to an existing bad model!

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)