Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Thoroughness!

Hi,

I really like the update to the analysis section however I wondered if it possible to see throughness of number of obserations/notes totalled rather than just the number with assessments attached.

For example Child A may have 13 observations with EYFS assessments that I can see on the thoroughness section of EYFS analysis however they may have 27 observations in total. Is there way of seeing just this as a comparison like you can with EYFS assessments? (Hope that makes sense).

Also similar, I can see the average number of observations with assessments attached made by staff, but can I see exact number of TOTAL observations made (both with and without assessments attached)?

If not I will post this is the suggestions section as these would both be really helpful tools.

Thanks,

Mightred1

Hi Mightred1,

It isn't possible to do either of those things at the moment, so please do add them as suggestions to the Weavers Future Development Suggestions page.

We have discussed adding a column to the thoroughness section that shows the total number of obs, but it's unlikely that we will be putting that in until we do a bit of work to the analysis section. We have also thought about adding some more information regarding how much individual users are adding to Tapestry, rather than focusing on how many times anyone has added anything for children, but it would be great to see if that is a really popular suggestion - if lots of people want it it's more likely to move up our 'to do' list.

The numbers you see in the staff section of 'Thoroughness' at the moment actually refer to the number of assessments made for each staff member's key child group. As such, it might be the number of assessments made by a singular staff member, but if you all assess each other's children then it may also be that several people have contributed to that number.