Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

nappy change

Hi all,

I manage a mixed age pre-school, so 2 years & 5 months up and wondering how I can improve our nappy changing facility, as we seem to have more and more children attending in nappies.

i have no concerns about this, but just wondering what you all do in limited spaces, we currently change on the floor on a changing mat in a semi-secluded/open area, but this is not ideal and something i would like to improve.

How many of you have changing units? and how does this work from a manual handling perspective?

thank you

How do you all manage this -

We invested in a changing unit with steps as so many in nappies when they are too big to lift it was the best option - we had ours from TTS - just make sure you check measurements as they are quite large. Sorry I have tried to add a photo but failed ;(

We use floor too.

At present we have one or two who don't like having nappy changed. Getting them to lie on floor is so much easier than trying to get the to climb up to changing unit.

We are lucky to have a toilet area away from children's toilets so it does offer privacy for child being changed but it is just off the main play area so staff can be heard.

We change on the floor in the disabled toilet as it is large enough and also have the potty and a 'the princess seat' on the toilet so children that are ready to come out of nappies can ' have a try' before a new nappy is put on.

The princess seat was donated to us and is bright pink with the disney princess on it.....it seems to be as popular with the boys as it is with the girls!

• 1 month later...