Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Summative Data

Hi

Can someone please clarify if the bands and refinements selected when producing a report are pulled through to a summative assessment please? If not then any ideas how I can fill in the blanks as im using this to show my percentage progress or not termly.....x

Hi Keyup,

It actually works the other way around, so assessments from snapshots are pulled through to reports. Therefore any changes you make in a report do not affect the snapshots.

The age bands and refinements that show up in a report are taken from the 'Latest Age Bands' section of the snapshots.

The latest age bands section on snapshots will always be populated with an age band and refinement (if assessments have been made on your account) as it will show the most recent summative assessment for each aspect. So, if you do not have a summative assessment for the term you are in, it will fill the gap with the last term the child had a summative assessment for that aspect.

Does that screen give you the information you are looking for?

Hi Keyup,

You can see the gaps in the report on the 'latest age band' section on the snapshots page but it's not possible to manually override or fill in assessments from that page.

To do this you will need to click on the 'individual view' button in the 'summative assessment' box on the snapshots page. You will then need to select a term and a child to see this for. From this page you can fill in an age band and refinement for the gap and press 'save manually overridden assessments' at the bottom of the page.

• 3 weeks later...

So reports are done but where a KW changes the banding in the report this does not filter through to any snapshot?? So the data I report from snapshots is not correct? Any ideas??

Many thanks xx

Hi Keyup,

That's right. Your key workers can manually fill in the missing scores in the reports but if they want those scores to show up in snapshots they will need to manually fill in the scores there too.

Whilst they can't override the 'latest age bands' snapshot, they can override the scores in the 'summative assessment' snapshot for the appropriate term. That will then show up in the 'latest age bands' snapshot and if you were to do another report it would show up there too.

I realise that it's too late for this round of reports, but for future reference it's better to go through the 'summative assessment' snapshots for each child at the end of each period and make sure they are filled in and correct, then then make reports after that.

Keyup, I know it won't help your report assessments but we do a progress ob at the end of each half term (but thinking of changing this to termly) and add our judgement band/refinement for each aspect, we don't use statements at all anymore in our observations (only CofEL )this then shows up as 'latest' snapshot summative assessment.

Hi hopeytg, we don't do that either, we only choose the CofEL shown, staff can add obs for any child now, we just found that even though staff (not KP) weren't wrong in selecting the statements they did it just seemed to threw progress all over the place, so the only time we add a band & refinement is at the end of the half term, we have one observation generated at the beginning, we don't add it to the journal but forward date to the end of half term so they stay at the top, evidence for next steps is added to this ob as it's seen over the half term, any staff can add relevant comments/photos, the KP also adds a note about other significant progress made or interests shown,they assess each aspect using their judgement with B&R and then add to journal, that information then feeds into our 'latest' snapshot summatives, it probably sounds complicated but it works for us, staff are confident with it and we feel parents are getting the progress information they want, parents sare given the 1or 2 focus NS at the beginning of half term with ideas to support at home :-) ,

• Like 1

Keyup, I know it won't help your report assessments but we do a progress ob at the end of each half term (but thinking of changing this to termly) and add our judgement band/refinement for each aspect, we don't use statements at all anymore in our observations (only CofEL )this then shows up as 'latest' snapshot summative assessment.

I ask staff to complete a general ob which they are supposed to ensure that all areas have been observed but it seems this half term they have updated the reports instead grrrrr!

• Like 1

I ask staff to complete a general ob which they are supposed to ensure that all areas have been observed but it seems this half term they have updated the reports instead grrrrr!

I add the obs for each key group, change the author to the KP, forward the date, include the headings I want them to use and then split each group...If I didn't I know half of them wouldn't get done or the quality would be very different from KP to KP :-/

hopping on to the back of this post!!! so i have now sorted all the reports and summative assessments for this term and set the next terms dates in the system.....can i use the assessments for this term for the baseline for the next term ..or does everything start from zero??? bit confused :wacko: :rolleyes:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)